Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FAO: Troutie and any other lighting genii
  • jimthesaint

How do. I hope you can help. I was wondering if it's possible to swap out the LED in my Dinotte 200l light for something with a bit more umph.
    If it's possible, is it difficult to do? And do you know what bits I'd need and where I could get them from?
    Thanking you in advance.

aracer
    Free Member

Probably not worth bothering. You won't improve significantly on the light output from the LED already in there without going for a totally different (multi-emitter) type of LED which will require a new driver to make it work properly, along with new optics. That and it won't be any more efficient, so will eat batteries a lot quicker in return for the higher output.

trout
    Free Member

What is in a dinotte led wise ?

dont they do an upgrade program

Luminous
    Free Member

I would suggest putting your dinotte into the classifieds and ploughing the proceeds into a new light.

L.

aracer
    Free Member

What is in a dinotte led wise ?

A 200 is either a P4 or an XR-E – can't really be bothered to check which, as it makes little difference. I think they do do upgrades, but that would be from older lights using Luxeons to the current units (which a 200 is).

higgo
    Free Member

Another question if I may….

Anyone know the dimensions of the DX bikelight and the LUU?

Basically I want to know if I could use one of the LUU optics to narrow the beam from the DX?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FAO: Troutie and any other lighting genii’ is closed to new replies.