Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • F.A.O – SRAM X0 2×10 users
  • elltell
    Free Member

I took the YT Wicked 160 out last Sat, amazing bike.

Half way around I noticed that in the middle cog at the back, when under duress, it seemed to jump or slip into place, strange, difficult to explain.

I thought it would just be misaligned or something, not used it enough for cable stretch.

I have just cleaned it now, checked the bolts etc, all is well.

I did notice that the top wheel of the rear derailure looked like the teeth were a bit worn. I gave them both a clean and the edges of the teeth on the top cog felt a little rough. I then compared them to the bottom cog and the profile / shape of the teeth are very different. The teeth on the bottom cog are very sharp edged.

Is this a problem

Are the profiles of the two wheels oon the SRAM XO derailure supposed to be different

Would worn teeth on the top rear wheel of the deraliure cause this jumping sensation.

Can you replace these easily as I dont want to have to go back to Germany on a warranty. YT Industries.

I can post some pics shortly

Thanks

orangeboy
    Free Member

Not sure about all your issues but SRAM Jocky wheels are not the same top and bottom
    They will say lower and upper on them

racingsnail
    Free Member

It is the cable, I had the same thing I’ve been a Shimano boy for years and this felt completely different to anything I’ve experienced to a point where I stopped and checked to see I hadn’t bent the mech, it’ll get a bit worse as the cable stretches more or stiffens if its cold. Just play with the barrel adjuster mid way through a ride. (not in the house)
    Same bike, same problem, same fix.

munrobiker
    Free Member

No need to go back to Germany, take it to your local Sram dealer and have a word.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘F.A.O – SRAM X0 2×10 users’ is closed to new replies.