Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • FAO: Paddlers/Kayakers: How much for these pair ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Spotted them in a field and pondered approaching the farmer of they want them. If he wanted money what would they be worth? Actually they looked dumped or a hobby that is no more.

They look a bit old and dont seem to have any holes.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Not much!

redthunder
    Free Member

Fiver for the pair. Free to take them away I thought.

edhornby

old GRP kayaks are worth not much at all…. if you get them, but a few buckets of water in them and swill them hard to see if any water comes out (cos if it does it will also leak in) usually around the seams and particularly the seam section in the middle underneath the seat

and wear old tracky bottoms when paddling them so you don't get fibreglass rash 🙂

but they will be good for a laugh 🙂 I wouldn't recommend anything more technical than a canal to start with

kayak paddles aren't that expensive

buoyancy aid and you're away

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

yea there about £5 the pair – look like KW5 or 7 in design these used to be fairtly freely availble moulds – often knocked toghther by school or scout groups – they look fairly unsused or just used on flat water – good starter boats – although I'm old enough to remeber them been used as slalom boats

redthunder
    Free Member

@edhornby

Fiver sound reasonable ?. I've got fibre glass patches and resin if they got leaks.

Also, got a lake to use if required. And then of course the River Severn I live next to… if I want to die that is.

edhornby

oh yeah, those handles at the bow and stern aren't for carrying, they are for hanging onto the boat when you fall out of them!!! so hold them by the nose when you carry them, they are a bugger to reattach if they come out or if the fibreglass around them breaks

edhornby

yeah a fiver would be about right

slugwash
    Free Member

Best leave them with the farmer for his chickens….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘FAO: Paddlers/Kayakers: How much for these pair ?’ is closed to new replies.