Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • FAO: London Massive, I am now a londoner!
  • pinches
    Free Member

I have (finally) moved into my flat in central london, inc a bike!

Only know a handful of people here, no idea where to go. Got a couple of job interviews this week also!

So hello! drop me an email (in prof) if anyone is going to ride

tails
    Free Member

Go hang out with rudeboy he always liked a drink, and knew london very well.

takisawa2

Will you be dressing accordingly, now you live in Landan' then…

glenh
    Free Member

Notice how no one is talking to you…..

AlasdairMc

Is everyone miserable in London? I was down last Tuesday and everyone has their head down when they're walking, perhaps for fear of making eye contact.

tails
    Free Member

fear of making eye contact.

Think thats a british thing not just london. Problem being when you make eye contact there is a fair chance now you'll get a "what you looking at"

RustySpanner

You'll miss Morecambe.

AndyP
    Free Member

My deepest sympathies.

qwerty
    Free Member

Is everyone miserable in London? I was down last Tuesday and everyone has their head down when they're walking, perhaps for fear of making eye contact.

* pulls shank *

Bumhands
    Free Member

Welcome to London.

I have lived here for 14 years and still love it. London's what you make it – get out there and talk to people.
    Its great to live in a cultural melting pot, you can make friends all over the world from living here.

A good way to meet up for some rides is through the aforementioned http://www.thetrax.co.uk

BH

Bumhands
    Free Member

Delete

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member

Do you read the Daily Mail too? That statement is so old hat. I guess if I go to any other city everyone has eye contact with everyone and everyone says 'hi yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa' 🙄

AndyP
    Free Member

everyone says 'hi yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

everyone in other cities is some kind of martial arts fan?

qwerty
    Free Member

ygm

enfht
    Free Member

Let us know how "enriched" you feel in 12 months or so 😆

I'm yet to notice any negative aspects to the "cultural void" I've moved to from London so I guess some on here will put that down to my bigotted racist mentality 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What part of town are you in then?

pinches
    Free Member

I'm living in between Chelsea and Fulham near Earls Court.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thought you said you were in Central London! That's practically the 'burbs! 😉

Nice part of town, though! Bike shops are a little short around there, but I would say that Cycle Surgery on High St Ken is worth a look. As is Cyclopedia (spl?) on the Fulham Road down by the Hospital.

Plenty of good pubs around there as well. If you like beer, make an initial pilgrimage to the White Horse at Parson's Green.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I'm living in between Chelsea and Fulham near Earls Court.

Didn't realise you were South African.

Welcome to the Capital.

If you fancy a trip out to Swinley Forest drop me a mail. Can collect you whilst I'm passing.

pinches
    Free Member

There's an Evans at the top of my street, I've got two interviews for cycle surgery stores in Holborn and spitalfields. I'll check out cyclopedia as the girlfriend works at the hospital.

one of my mates from uni lives about half a mile away, i'm sure some beer sampling will be in order. Although, i need to find a job first! Thanks for the tip CFH!

chakaping
    Free Member

make an initial pilgrimage to the White Horse at Parson's Green

AKA the Sloaney Pony, so don't forget to wear your rugger top.

Which bike did you decide to bring in the end Pinches?

pinches
    Free Member

brought my full XC race bike for the time being, although i have found out i can rent an on site "sports locker" which is actually a small shed, for not much so i can have both/several.

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member

they've probably met you already

djglover
    Free Member

I was in the White Horse last weekend, as long as you are Australian and go in the right hand side, or a Sloane and go in the left hand side you will be fine. We saw Kelly Jones in there.

On the plus side it does have one of the best beer selections going

Hairychested
    Free Member

Lucky you, have fun!

joolsburger
    Free Member

You may live in London but a Londoner you are not.

You said hello for a start, we don't do that.

pinches
    Free Member

Yup, still a cheeky northerner ;D

AlasdairMc

bialled_dikes – Member
    they've probably met you already

Touché.

I just felt that everyone was in a hurry to get somewhere, nobody was just wandering about. Perhaps it's just me being a country bumpkin by comparison (Edinburgh).

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

You have my condolences…

neilnevill
    Free Member
    tails
    Free Member

Could you not try get a job as a designer before getting a job in a bike shop?

pinches
    Free Member

Have tried that route, applied for advertised jobs, cold called, sent CVs/portfolios, walked door to door and nothing.

There's also quite a complicated design job story involved from a previous internship, but i'm mega poor, so need work asap and the bike shops and apple retail are the only people that have given me any attention.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘FAO: London Massive, I am now a londoner!’ is closed to new replies.