• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • FAO Airplane Geeks – John Travolta landed at my local airport this morning
  • SST
    Free Member

Found out this morning that John Travolta (who is supporting Australia in the WC btw) was flying into my local (and quite small) airport, Lanseria, (20km west of Jo'burg) with his private 707. Missed him landing but got to see his "Qantas" plane parked up and will make sure I see it leave on Monday! Then while we were sitting there on the viewing balcony having some lunch we were suddenly ushered inside the building by US secret service men because the US vice president was coming in! His 5 support planes had already landed and unloaded, he came in, they rolled out the red carpet and off he came. While he was disembarking another USAF military transporter circled over head (allegedly monitoring all radio traffic). The VP left with a convoy of a dozen US cars. He was in one but no one (well aside from the secret service) knows which one. The others are decoys and carry staff.

Other visitors landing today/tonight apparently include Madonna, Shakira and the president of Ghana!

These pictures are sadly not "live" (borrowed from Airliners.Net mostly!) but they are of the actual planes that came in today, if that makes sense.

1 of these – USA – Air Force Boeing C-32A (757-2G4)

Bought the US vice president and his staff

5 of these – Boeing C-17A Globemaster III

2 carrying 8 Chevy SUV's, an ambulance and lots of secret service staff
    1 carrying 2 sets of motorised boarding steps (same as used in picture above)
    2 carrying lots of people and their luggage

This beauty . . . . Flown in by John Travolta and carrying his wife and daughter and some friends of the family.

This NIKE company jet:

This one carrying dignatries from the Ivory Coast

And these private jets carrying who knows who?

Registered in Scotland

Registered in Brasil

Registered in Germany

🙂

grtdkad

I can't believe you didn't get the opportunity to punch John Travolta in the face!
    – for all of those dire B movies
    – for wacko religious cult membership
    – for being John Travolta

julianwilson
    Free Member

Other visitors landing today/tonight apparently include Madonna, Shakira and the president of Ghana!

I got all giddy for a minute cos i thought i'd read that Sharki had got all the way to the southern hemisphere on his Big Walk. 😳

SST
    Free Member

LOL – just how many dire B movies did you watch?

I think he's done some great stuff, but they are all just movies to me . . .

🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Love to see the great and the good doing their bit for global warming there 🙄

scaredypants

I got all giddy for a minute cos i thought i'd read … Sharki

😆

tails
    Free Member

Respect to travolta for learning to fly that monster plane.

maxlite
    Free Member

I think he also owned a Super Constellation at one time.

Harrison Ford is also an avid pilot

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

I believe Dave Gilmour has a small fleet of planes too.

Wish I did !!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Did you notice the swirl of eighteen-dimensional disturbance in the etherwaves due to the presence of the world-famous Operating Thetan? 😯

samuri
    Free Member

How MUCH does it cost to fly a big massive airliner like that round the world?

Best make sure he doesn't have a blow out when he's taking off, he might have trouble staying alive if that happens.

SST
    Free Member

Its ok – his machine is well greased. Wild hogs wouldn't stop him taking off . .

Coyote
    Free Member

Bigsi +1

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I challenge anyone to watch "Battlefield Earth" and not want to punch John Travolta in the the face.

hora
    Free Member

How old is Travolta's plane!!!! Its like a 80's retrobike fixie fully restored 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘FAO Airplane Geeks – John Travolta landed at my local airport this morning’ is closed to new replies.