Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fantastic weekend of riding in Northern Ireland
  • julzm
    Free Member

My OH and I along with the two boys have just returned from an excellent weekend of riding in Northern Ireland. I’d definitely recommend folks give it a go.

Friday we rode at Davagh, near Cookstown, decent trail centre type stuff for a early evening run. Saturday we headed down to Rostrevor in the sunshine. The first part of the climb there is an absolute lung buster so we opted for the single uplift ticket to take out the worst of it. Did some red and black stuff at Rostrevor, awesome flowy trails, with some tight angles through the trees, views are immense, people are really friendly and helpful. We kept bumping into a group of three local lads who ended up taking us 10 miles up the road to show us some natural stuff at a location that almost everyone mentioned to us. We were really grateful that they did as it was a fantastic spot that we really need to get back and do again. Last time we went we also visited Tollymore (loads of natural stuff if you’re willing to look for it) and also Castlewellan. Apparently there is a decent place just south of the border too, so that’s also on the list to-do.

Today was off the bikes with a visit to the Giant’s Causeway and a carvery lunch in the hotel there.

Really can’t recommend Northern Ireland enough. Hotel, food, people, trails….everything was truly perfect. The wall to wall sunshine definitely helped too.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Pleased to hear you had a good time, you got a great weekend for it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fantastic weekend of riding in Northern Ireland’ is closed to new replies.