Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fantastic news regarding the weather!!!!
  • binners

You’ll be pleased to hear that I had a proper comedy accident this morning, which may or may not have involved me tripping over my daughters pink Disney Princess blanket. Anyway… the upshot of my buffoonery is that I’ve managed to completely knacker my ankle. I can barely walk. Can’t see me getting back on the bike any time soon.

So…. enjoy the sunshine and dry dusty trails the you lot. I sense a heatwave on its way. In the north west at least

No need to thank me 🙁

lowey

Selfish Bastard. I’m off for min two weeks with tendonitis in both knees.

I always thought you were alright binners… how wrong could i be.

scaled
    Free Member

You know – it is brightening up 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

well boys you took one for the troop.best start watching the ladeeez tennis !!!!!!

binners

I was coming out in sympathy Lowey. I just hadn’t thought it through properly. Sorry 🙁

LapSteel
    Free Member

unfortunately I’m off work next week which will counteract any injury related weather changes so expect more floods, high winds and sleet

Pook

to quote hora; ‘w4nkathon’

binners

Quoting The Enigma? Has it come to this?

Pook

I think we can all learn something from him.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh goody goody gum drops, I’ve just bought a new bike and doing the SDW on it..

“Bows to Binners for sorting the weather out”

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thanks Binners, I’ll be sure to make the most of my Orange Pure 7 too just to rub it in!

I should add that the crap summers of 2007 and 2010 were my fault, as I had the air conditioning gas in the car refilled. Seeing as I’ve just bought a dry xc tyre we’re damned to having a wet summer down here too.

mtbfix

What is this ‘dust’ of which you speak. Took a couple of girls out for a jaunt round the locals woods this morning and I have never know the trails to be as borked as they are up towards Woodcote. Suffering from summer volume of use with winter volume of rain. So slow in places that the Garmin thought we’d stopped.

hora
    Free Member

Are you coming to Chorlton tomorrow 😉

martinhutch

Weather’s still shite. Could you do the other ankle for us?

hora
    Free Member

Do you have a specific technique? i.e. do you pound a pillow laying on your front or layback and slowly stroke binners? OR do you mix it up?

sefton
    Free Member

I’m off for min two weeks with tendonitis in both knees.

rest that mate! I had Patella Tendonitis and it **** me up for well over a year!

lowey

rest that mate! I had Patella Tendonitis and it **** me up for well over a year!

Any tips of dealing with it ?

Doc just said rest and buprofen gel ?? I couldnt cope with that long off the bike, I’ll be licking windows inside of 6 weeks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thunder and heavy rain forecast today, runs burning off the clouds as i type

thanks binbins!!

😀

sefton
    Free Member

Any tips of dealing with it ?

I had it in just one knee (from running)walking upstairs gave me shooting pains and an overall weak feeling. Cycling did seem to make it feel stronger tbh (that’s how I got into cycling).

Basically you need to strengthen the leg (but you need to rest it first before going mad with squats etc)!my injured leg was far weaker than my other (one legged squats found this out very soon)
    the slant boards are good, single leg squats (bending to where the knee just hides your toes – so not deep at all)

I tried everything and probably too much that didn’t help. I also have flat feet and ended up with orthotics on the nhs. I also had acupuncture on the nhs (which didn’t seem to do anything – however things cleared up not long after. so maybe it did something)?

Basically I thing it healed its self in time.

I’m currently having the familiar dull ache again at the moment – but I’m trying to be sensible with my training.

apparently ultra-sound is good but only works if your injury is fresh (a week or so in).

gentle stretching can help (you may have some tight muscles pulling things out of alignment? again don’t go mad.

my advice would be get down to a good physio (I believe the physio “summit” at bolton area is very good).

hope this helps!

Drac

I can barely walk. Can’t see me getting back on the bike any time soon.

You can walk on it though so it’s highly unlikely yo be broken. You’ll not be off long.

soobalias
    Free Member

i pulled the racing ralph off the rear wheel a couple of days ago and thought that had done the trick

i might push on with the ordering of a spangly new waterproof jacket and winter gloves, just in case.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fantastic news regarding the weather!!!!’ is closed to new replies.