Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Fantastic day for riding!
  • MoreCashThanDash

Warm, blue sky, light winds.

Did a few laps at Hicks Lodge with the family and it was rammed in the car park. Queuing out the door of the café all the time we were there, though the trails never seemed that busy. Loads of families with young kids out walking and riding, huge range of ages, bikes and kit. Great to see so many out.

Felt sorry for all the miserable looking people glaring at us as we had used my wife’s blue badge to park in a disabled spot when the rest of the car park was full. Disabled people can ride bikes sometimes as well you know! And at least we paid, unlike all those who park along the lane outside, whether it is busy or not.

garage-dweller

+1 for family ride today. Early start so no parking issues. Super proud parents today, our (only just) 4 year old managed 11 miles and 250 ft of climbing totally under his own steam in a shade over two hours. 8)

MoreCashThanDash

Fantastic – my 9 year old managed 7 miles and 150ft of climbing. Plus a pretty spectacular off on the third berm or the ride….no tears, straight back on to carry on!

brooess
    Free Member

Lots of people out riding round Bucks this morning. Warm and sunny. I guess a lot were getting out while the weather’s good.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

munqe chick got a 60 mile road ride in with the local club this morning (who all over-dressed as it was cold at 8.00am).

I got to ride to work. Yay, go me 😕

dpfr

Grounded! Big off on the road yesterday miles from anywhere- shoes, bottoms, jacket and helmet all written off. Skinned knees, elbow and backside, fine black eye, and a stonking bruise on my left thigh.

Bike appears unharmed.

Still, at least it’s supposed to pee down tomorrow

Yak

Nothing for me today. Luckily tomorrow is going to be just as lush…..no? 😕

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

well if lush = rain and 40mph, then yeah 😥

rOcKeTdOg

cracking day for some local riding

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Been boxing 3 of the last 4 nights and my body is broken. On to lates today so thought I’d get my new tyres on the bike tubeless and that should take all morning. Took half and hour and I couldn’t resist going out, new bits and gorgeous weather. Top day, just I’m a bit more broken now.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Been a great last few days really dry down the Forest of Dean earlier in week and Wiltshire shame its all going pair shaped after its taken 6months to dry up OH WELL.Nice blue sky along the Ridgeway today and Kennet and Avon canal nice bit of mud down there to get the cyclo-cross bike out of shape.

cchris2lou

Family ride at Bedgebury and we had to queue outside to get in . carpark was full and they were letting people in when 1 car got out .

schmiken

45km round Hathersage today in glorious sunshine, very hard to beat!

h4muf
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FEm4AT]IMG_20160325_105711103_HDR[/url] by lee murfin, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/FwaExJ]IMG_20160325_161226586[/url] by lee murfin, on Flickr

Fantastic day! 51 miles to Sherwood pines and back.

takisawa2

Stuck at work, then fetching the caravan out of hibernation. ?
    But, off to Forest of Dean on Tuesday for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow looks bloomin awful !!!
    Might grab a few hours up the Chase on Sunday.

MoreCashThanDash

h4muf – what route did you take? Done it a couple of times from down here near Ilkeston, we can never agree the best options…

roach

Stunning morning road riding through Ystradfellte and up to the standing stone Maen Lila in the Brecon Beacons. 65miles in total from Neath area on the coast.

Don’t think much else comes close on a day like today!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Nice family walk this morning followed by a quick 20 mile blast on the hardtail resulting in my leg being covered in blood and my wrist /hand being cut to pieces and sprained or worst case fractured ,hurts like hell at the moment ,still a good day though

jate
    Free Member

Fantastic route south from Llangollen over to the Ceiriog Valley and back via Vivod Mountain. 30 miles of perfection.
    Llangollen was rammed when I returned whereas on the ride I hardly saw anyone.

postierich
    Free Member

Great day for it only a 2 hr ride so I crammed as much as i could in Kepple Cove Sticks Pass Seldom Seen and a bit of Lake shore
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/EKdcSK]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

allfankledup

25mile bimble on road bikes this morning. Pedalling with two pals (one that is retired) on a very civil loop around some north ayrshire countryside it was lovely not to have to ride at a club pace. Wierd just bimbling and having a blether – rather than pushing cadence and heart rate.

Out again in the morning for 30 miles of rain….got some rule 5 lined up to help me through..

h4muf
    Free Member

MCTD.

Ripley – Alfreton -Blackwell=Five pits trail-Silverhill trail-Pleasley pit
    Meden trail-Mansfield Woodhouse-Bridleway to Fishing pond-Pines.

dovebiker

Glorious – first long ride of the year in ‘normal’ (not sub-zero) weather – 10 hours on fatbike – down to QECP, SDW to Amberley and back via the North Downs. Was going to continue along to Steyning / Downslink but didn’t have enough time as it would have been 200km+ Passed two roadies on a climb too…Legs are now trashed.

Northwind

Nice in the valley today, bit of a cut in the wind so not that warm but still, pretty good, perfect day to ride some new trails.

br
    Free Member

+30 miles and nearly 5000ft of Tweed Valley wonder for us – dry as a bone 🙂

benp1

First ride of the year in sunglasses and short sleeves. Had a great 5 hours out from my front door, did 33.5 miles including a few stops

eddiebaby
    Free Member

35 miles of the Ridgway in a t-shirt. Tried my new 1×11 XT for the first proper ride and found my legs had forgotten what to do. But that’s what I expected. A great day. Fat bike into Oxford tomorrow. Weeeeee!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I struggled today with achey legs but still enjoyed. Highlight being the sweetest manual left to right over some rocks showboating in front of a few walkers. Thankfully I was out of site 30 yds further down said hill when jumping into a tree. 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Spoilt by 7 offs on trails of varying difficulty. One of those days when you are mentally not there. Glad to get back to car with only bashed shins and gorse splinters. 😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

Getting a vicarious fix here, nice photos !

zbonty

First proper ride since autumn injury! 2 hours in the local woods. Shown a few be bits and just great to be out again. Weather a huge plus

martinhutch

Grizedale was in lovely shape yesterday. Topped the 4,000ft of climbing off road for the first time this year and felt fine.

Plus a sighting of Minipips and Dad (I believe) on a tandem coming up one of the descents…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just got back from walking the dog on the Quantocks, not so clever up there today, cold, driving rain.

Yak

Just back in now. Windy, drizzle, dead deer on the best descent, slidy mud.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Had a lovely early early morning ride to boxhill yesterday ….perfect day..

Shame the rest of he weekend will be shit!!

eltonerino
    Free Member

Took my wife out for an hour yesterday, it was great. Best ride since I took my eldest on her first bike ride. I can’t wait until the wee one can ride and we can all go out together.

philb88
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Isn’t it lovely out there today? 😀

Desperately trying to convince myself to jump on the Wazoo and head out to the nameless park off Grange Road and then on to Royal Victoria Country Park.

moonboy
    Free Member

A little tick on the list yesterday.

Ride from the house in Brissle to the Mendip trig point and back.

Good times.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Fantastic day for riding!’ is closed to new replies.