Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Fanny-Packs and Uplift Days
  • zerocool

A lot of european DHers were using them in the Alps last summer. Pretty sensible and useful if you don’t need to carry water and spare clothes.
    Much better than a 20 – 60 minute walk to the bottom

legend
    Free Member

Riding in the alps is a bit different though. Being stranded 3 valleys away from base is a major PITA! Riding you slightly wonky bike to the car park at the bottom isn’t.

Plus…….. Euro-style*……8O

*this is a joke, for the terminally offended

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dave you are a fanny.

You might not care about fashion, and that’s fine, we have a Scouse! But you will get bullied for wearing a bum bag.

On a serious note I would think a bum bag would be more intrusive than a small nearly empty back pack. I personally prefer to ride DH with no bag as like others have said it’s not a long way to the car. Just prepare your bike properly and use DH tubes and/or tubeless jizz in them to reduce the chance of punctures. Make sure you take on plenty of fluids before and on lunch, and for one I don’t mean Duvel.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

**** me is this really the state of mince that attends UK uplifts nowadays!

Speeder

What’s this about hiding a bottle in the undergrowth? Surely you just leave a bottle under “your” seat in the van and drink it on the way up?

monkeyfudger – Member
    **** me is this really the state of mince that attends UK uplifts nowadays!

+1

patriotpro
    Free Member

Come on there are more fashion faux pas at trail-centres than a bum-bag! I mean wearing one will just let me blend in.

Besides Andy I’m splitting my gear between you lot – there’s a pint in it (to share) for you all afterwards. Don’t drink it all at once!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have a look at the Specialized swat stuff. You might be able to for it to your pitch.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have u seen the price of it?!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Nope, I don’t have the need for such stuff.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Shit, er I mean awesome recommendation then dude.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Better solution than a bum bag despite the cost.

If you really want to carry a tube, pump, leavers and tools then just tape them to your frame. You know that I am one for packing load of tools but I genuinely don’t see the point for uplift days.

As I said, make your bike less likely to get punctures. If anybody needs to carry tubes and a pump it’s Kaye, your more likely to need bandages. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Fanny-Packs and Uplift Days’ is closed to new replies.