Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • fancying going to oslo next weekend….
  • ton

2 questions
    is it a nice city
    is it very pricy.

taka
    Free Member

dfds ferrys are good

eckinspain
    Free Member

yes
    s**t yes

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

No way

ton

way…

dobo
    Free Member

way cold?

ton

colder here…

Smee
    Free Member

The ferry/plane will be going round in circles if you’re on it. 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It may well be bastard cold. I remember getting off a plane at Fornebu, in late December, and it was minus bastard.

Yes.

And Yes.

Spensive as foook…

Del

i expect it is possible to buy beer for less than 7.50/pint, but i go to nice places on the firm ( where available ).

slugwash
    Free Member

It’s a nice city, it’s very pricey and I’ll be there next weekend escaping the atrocious weather we’re having here at the moment.

Oslo yesterday….

(Really, it was taken yesterday)

cuckoo
    Free Member

According to BBC website Oslo daytime maximums below -10°C and down to -17°C at night.

Was quite a few years ago when i went. I remember paying the equivalent of £5 for a bus ride from the airport when we arrived then being told we were at our stop only a few mins later!

The city made a good impression, i remember it was much cleaner than British cities (or British countryside) and the nightlife near the waterfront was good 🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

The city made a good impression, i remember it was much cleaner than British cities

Huh, you should see just how much shjt starts appearing when the snow melts 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

i didnt think too much of oslo tbh and its expensive too lots of nice places in norway tho 😉

there is a guy who comes on here that lives there he might be called darrel iirc

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I went there on a snowboard trip about 5 years ago. We got a really good deal on flights and hotel (£7 per night B&B) as it was January and out of season. Everything else was crazy money though. I payed ~£24 for a pizza and coke. Ended up having to pinch enough food from the breakfast buffet to last the whole day. Luckily, it wasn’t too hard to jump the barrier for the ski-lifts (local hills have a brilliant park, by the way).

As far as cities go, it was okay, but I muched prefered Stockholm(which has the highest concentration of hot women I’ve ever come across).

simonk
    Free Member

I would go 🙂 but then i am off to Bergen for a week to see a lady friend anyway hehe, weather is getting worse over there with lots more snow forcast the next couple of weeks, cant imagine Oslo being that much different.
    It is a lovely country but it is expensive out there, alcohol is quite pricey as are a lot of things.

Simon

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘fancying going to oslo next weekend….’ is closed to new replies.