Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 'Fancy' Roadie Wheels on Cyclescheme
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hurray – my work is about to start the ride to work through the Cyclescheme people

I actualy am buying a bike to use on my commute as my old Trek is about to die a dignified and noble death 🙂

I want something that can double as a winter road trainer and Ribbles winter/audax bike looks ideal

Now when I came to spec it I couldnt help but notice I can have it in boggo spec with a lovely set of Ksyrium SL's which would be totally legit and would also go rather nicely with my race bike – allegedly

The Ribble bike is nice and easy, its off the shelf with the Ksyriums and they will let me have it from Cyclescheme (with a £50 admin fee which Im philosophical about) which is the main limiting factor

But as another recent thread here has suggested custom wheels may arguably be a better choice

So my question is:

Who can sell me a winter bike through Cyclescheme and also supply an expensive set of custom road wheels?

Cheers

nbt

You just need to speak to your LBS, you can get more or less what you want within the limits – one of the lads here got an MTB with a spare pit of wheels with slicks so have swap between commuting and off-rod

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Thats the problem

Work are using the Cyclescheme company and my LBS wont sign up to it

Ribble will – any other ideas?

nbt

>Work are using the Cyclescheme company and my LBS wont sign up to it

ah right, well the cyclescheme takes 10% out of the purchase price, that's how they make their money without charging your company. There will be *a* shop near you, there's half a dozen within ten miles of my house – you just need to cultivate a relationship with another LBS 🙂

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

speak to me….ive done quite a few cyclescheme sales to guys all over the country(oddly enuff 3 in thurso)

im very flexible!

dab

i'd happily reccomend you give Chris a call @ cycleworld

he did my cycle scheme and quite a few other bikes for friends and family
    great shop !!

ps Rob loves the talon, great fit 😉

enjoy the holiday
    Dave

mrchrispy

I'm doing exactly the same thing, our scheme opens on the 1st of August.

I'm getting a ribble winter training bike with a pretty low spec and blowing over 1/2 the budget on some campo eurus, they'll go and bling up my focus cayo and the cayos wheels will got on the ribble….result.

I was going to get something from paul hewitts as their hand bike wheels are supposed to be ace but i was going to take me too far over my grand budget. in the end ribble seems deliver exactly what I'm after. popping up there on monday for a fitting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘'Fancy' Roadie Wheels on Cyclescheme’ is closed to new replies.