Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fancy a long, beautiful ride? I offer you the Transatlanticway challenge…
  • Kryton57
    STATO
    Free Member

<cough> for road bikes </cough>

NewRetroTom

Clashes with the Tour Divide, otherwise I might have been very interested…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I might be being a bit dim here, but – when is it? There are no dates to be seen on that website. Or is it one of those sort of do-it-when-you-want things?

STATO
    Free Member

Also, i think its 250km not 2500km as states on the intro page? (unless they are doing laps of Ireland?). That said, the Wild Atlantic Way it uses as a route look like it could be beautiful!

[edit] actually maybe im wrong, follows the coast so much further than i appreciated! [/edit]

lemonysam
    Free Member

(unless they are doing laps of Ireland?)

No laps, it’s just massively wiggly

simondbarnes

Also, i think its 250km not 2500km as states on the intro page?

No, it’s not.

STATO
    Free Member

Cheers, sly edit to previous post to correct.

NewRetroTom

If you go to the home page http://www.transatlanticway.com/ rather than the “about” page that the OP linked it has the start date as 19 June 2016.

As lemonysam says it really is 2,500km – 2,200 for the incredibly wiggly bit down the coast plus getting from Dublin to Derry and to Cork at the end.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

If you go to the home page http://www.transatlanticway.com/ rather than the “about” page that the OP linked it has the start date as 19 June 2016.

Doh! Still, that key piece of information could be more prominent I think, especially in the ‘about’ and ‘FAQ’ pages…

Looks like a good event though- west coast of Ireland has been on the list for a while!

steezysix
    Free Member

Ooh, rather like the look of that – never been to Ireland before and logistically seems a lot less hassle than the TCR.

Kryton57

Sorry chaps, Adrian is still building the site, I’ll pass your comments along. Yes, it is for road bikes 🙂

pete68
    Free Member

After doing the TCR this year I’ve been thinking about what to do next. This sounds quite interesting. Have to say seems a bit pricey for what you get. More than double the tcr entry.

Kryton57

Well, Thanks on Adrian’s behalf for the feedback, the site has now been updated and entry is open!

Kryton57

A message from Adrian. If you’re thinking of doing this, get your skates on:

Quick update on an event i’m organising next June. A 2500km self-supported bike race in Ireland . 15 sighed up riders so far we will cap it at 50.This is going to be an amazing adventure, i’m so looking forward to It. If people could share this link again now as its up and running we would be very grateful . we’ve got riders coming from Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Belguim ,France, Italy , England and Ireland. The route along the wild atlantic way is stunning and well worth a look for anyone planning a cycling holiday next year.

http://www.transatlanticway.com

Thanks Adrian

Incidentally, anyone in STW Towers like to cover this, or can suggest a journo who might like to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fancy a long, beautiful ride? I offer you the Transatlanticway challenge…’ is closed to new replies.