Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Fancy a change – Nicolai or Knolly
  • messiah
    Free Member

NOt enough pics in this thread.

Good point well made Wrecker… 8)

ash.addy
    Free Member

That chilcotin does look very nice especially with a black frame and doesn’t everybody have a Nicolai now.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

My Ac.

My 1st Fr

My 2nd Fr

My Ion-st

Only have the AC now

Holyzeus
    Free Member

That chilcotin does look very nice especially with a black frame and doesn’t everybody have a Nicolai now.

Do they…?
    Here’s mine with although wheels are different now

ash.addy
    Free Member

Nicolaisam what was the fr like to ride????

Bregante

Well, if we’re posting pics.
    My CC. Love it more than my kids 😉

Untitled by redmancunian69, on Flickr

nicolaisam
    Free Member

ash.addy – Member

Nicolaisam what was the fr like to ride????
    Posted 13 hours ago # Report-Post

The Fr is an awesome bike,Great all rounder,Can ride everything and everywhere on it.
    Have done Uplift days at Cwmcarn on it,Did 10 trips to Gawton on it aswell.I havent ridden an AM but was told they are very similar.
    Only reason i sold them was i didnt have time to use it too its full potential,so brought an AC

ash.addy
    Free Member

nicolaisam

what is it like on the ups??

geetee1972
    Free Member

It pedals reasonably well, more or less like an AM, but it’s heavy; about a pound heavier than an AM. Lightest you’ll get an FR to is about 31lbs. They dropped it because the AM was every bit as capable and more so when they slackened out the geometry.

Chainline
    Free Member

Currently on my 2nd Nic, both of my riding buddies have them too after riding mine.

Now have a Custom AC29 with 150/140mm travel. its flexible enough to be set up xc or Enduro DH just by swopping the fork (Or travel adjust if you must)

Mine is set up 1×10 and in big hit mode weighs 28lb and xc (120mm) mode with a different fork and tyres, 26lb.

Not as expensive as you’d think either. Have a chat with Dipper at Gravity Sports. Certainly when compared to the likes of Santa Cruz which are eye wateringly expensive, albeit carbon.

I have no concerns about Carbon, the Santa Cruz LTc looks nice but as mentioned earlier I had clear ideas about what I wanted. How long the TT wanted to be, the BB height, chainstay length, head angle etc. First thing i would want to do with the SC is take 2.5degrees off the head angle!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

ash.addy – Member

nicolaisam

what is it like on the ups??

Pedals excellently for its weight.
    as Geetee mentioned,My black one was 33lbs but was fun to ride,Was overkill on a lot of stuff,but you can make trails more playfull with it,using rocks as kickers etc.
    I think the latest AM was within 100g of the old Fr,so very close.AM uses a longer travel shock.

captaindanger

I have an argon fr and love it, it’s one of those bikes that everyone who tries it instantly enjoys it and comments on the tracking, even when they’ve never heard of nicolai. Dunno about knolly but you won’t be disappointed with a nic. My mouse finger is hovering over an ac at the moment…..

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Fancy a change – Nicolai or Knolly’ is closed to new replies.