Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Family sized tents
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

We got a Vango Icarus 500 off eBay with extension last year to test out if we think we might like a bit of camping action with a view to doing 2 weeks in France next year in a tent. We first thought it was huge- it is a 5 man tent, but after spending a week in it, it soon starts to feel small. So for next year we’re going with an Outwell 7 man tent. Had a look at all the options and decided the build quality of the Outwell tents are worth it – heavier denier material, and just seemed a bit more robust than the others we looked at. We’re going for a 7 berth model to effectively give us an extra room in the tent where we can hang clothes and get changed stood up.

It’s definitely Glamping with a capital ‘G’ and with these new air been style tents it really does not matter if you’re only camping up for a weekend or a fortnight – they go up in a matter of minutes so you may as well have the space.

Having said that, I think if we were keen on doing loads of camping rather than 4 or so times a year, then i’d probably get a caravan.

takisawa2

I used my Montana at a Beaver Scouts event the other weekend. So much easier to put up than the normal Stormhavens & Bell tents.
    Had 45 kids in it at one point, (bedrooms removed). Forecast was for heavy showers so wanted somewhere they could all sit for lunch in the dry.
    There’s a reason they are so popular & that’s apparent when the weather turns crap. Steel poles make it so stable.
    I can get it up on my own but it’s easier with two.
    Build wise, they are excellent.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bit worried about the size now! I could downsize to the Phoenix 6 but I do like the steel poles on the Drummond.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I hope It’s a PSA & you have waited as the Drummond is now £399 at Go Outdoors, so I bought one 🙂

Cheers.

kcal

Had a Wild Country Homestead 7 for a long time – my first eBay purchase in 2004 I think.
    Had to borrow a mate’s garden to practise putting it up as ours wasn’t big enough!

Was huge, quite hard to erect for two adults – had happy outings in it with ours and extend family, festivals as well, it was quite heavy and needed a lot of the boot or roof box.

Can’t recall how much we bought it for, from eBay, managed to sell it on a couple of years ago, still got some cash for it which was useful – kind of Islabikes economics..

Edit – one of these –

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ha I did get it before that GoOutdoors deal. Thankfully didn’t pay an awful lot more than that for it! First weekend away with the kids and it was very good. Not too bad to put up and take down. Loads of space inside which we didn’t really make that much use of as the weather was good. Happy with it.

Now any good deals about on a quick to put up 4 person family tent for quick nights away? 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Family sized tents’ is closed to new replies.