Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Family (*reasonably serious).
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

I am experiencing incredible difficulty managing diplomatic relations in “the family”. Usual crap, m+d divorced & remarried, children, sisters husbands a **** etc etc.

Anyway. I need some sage words of help/support. I have assumed the mantle of mediator. I don’t care anymore. ****.

*preface. Jeremy Kyle.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You choose your friends, you don’t choose your family. It’s entirely your choice who you spend time with. Since my grandparents died, I pretty much have no dealings with “family” and my life is better for it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just walk away. If folk don’t want your help, they’re not worth helping.

zippykona

Some people thrive on drama. They may not necessarily want any help.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why are you the mediator ? If that’s a role you’ve asked for then fair enough and just try and listen to all sides before trying to gently move things forward. If it’s not a role you asked for then don’t stress yourself and just spend time with the people you want to spend it with

transporter13
    Free Member

Just relinquish the role of mediator.

Why put yourself through what sounds like a load of hassle….ignore each and everyone of them and concentrate on your own life.

Energy is for riding…NOT wasting 🙂

woody21
    Free Member

Let them get on with it – got a similar problem on OH side. What ever you say or do will be wrong

bobbyspangles

my brother has left his family behind and everyday it hurts.

Keep on trying and keep your family together.

JAG

Keep on trying and keep your family together

This is my advice as well 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Keep on trying and keep your family together.

Why ? Do you share interests Or hobbies , would your lives ever overlap outside of the Family ?

Cougar

My sage advice would be, bollocks to them.

A lesson I learned far, far too late is, life is too short to fill it with arseholes. Leave them to sort out their own dramaz. Some people exist purely to drain the souls of those around them, and the sooner you rid yourself of parasitic folk, the happier you’ll be.

ricky1
    Free Member

I live 150 miles away from my family,I’m not in the loop and I prefer it that way,don’t try and mediate,you will be hated by all in the end as pleasing no one in a family is impossible.

ricky1
    Free Member

Or what cougar said 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

+2

A lesson I learned earlier rather than later, thankfully.

huggis
    Free Member

I don’t see or speak to my sister anymore. My parents understand the situation. however I’m dreading the day when one of my parents takes I’ll or worse. Is it best to try and make peace now and try and accept the situation?

nickjb
    Free Member

You don’t need to be best mates but keep it civil. Just need to find a level of closeness that works for you. You don’t choose your family but they are yours for life. Sometimes a pain but they can be good to have around.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Family (*reasonably serious).’ is closed to new replies.