Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Family Mountain Biking
  • Mrs-W
    Free Member

As Cycling Development Officer for East Hants I am keen to get as many people on bikes as possible. A number of people have commented that there seems little provision to get youngsters engaged in the area and I am very conscious of the fact that it is also a predominantly male activity.

Has anyone got any thoughts about a proposal to start a regular Family MTB group based at Alice Holt, near Farnham. This group would have the potential to contribute to ideas about the development of new trails at the site, run family orientated sessions and events and just be sociable around bikes. It would not replace current groups who are generally focused on more technical and longer rides for adults, but be about nurturing young or inexperienced riders in a safe and sociable environment.

At Alice Holt there is scope to run introductory night rides, skills sessions (I can train people to lead these), awaydays, social evenings around the cafe, Bike swapshops, maintenance sessions, cycle camps….I am sure other people will have ideas too and there may be funding available for some projects if they are community run.

Any thoughts before I move on to promoting an introductory evening?

Trekster

Sounds like an ambitious plan, good luck

BC Go-Ride

Kids club I help out with

http://ctc.org.uk/

AndyRT
    Free Member

Talking to the FC at the moment, about Farley Mount, as some on here know, and having a Blue graded route round the woods would be great for the local rider, and there are a surprisingly large amount of riders in the area!

Family Biking should also have other things to do, dependant on age groups, so we wanted to link to the Museum in Winchester where the mosaic from the Roman Villa was put, that kind of thing.

I have got Ian Warby from the CTC involved, who loves the idea, and apparently Sustrans are always interested in these sorts of ventures. Let me know if I can help out, and maybe we can help each other succeed in getting the FC to support future development

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Family Mountain Biking’ is closed to new replies.