Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Family holiday near Fort William/ North of Glasgow area- recommendations please!
  • davosaurusrex

Thanks agaian all, as a direct result of this thread I persuaded the others to head to D&G and last night we booked this place for a week in August:

http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/little-boreland-24853?adult=4&child=5&infant=1&nights=7&range=7&start=3-8-2013

Well pleased, really looking forward to it already!

gusamc
    Free Member

good call, I might well be wrong but we drive N to Girvan regulary and I **think** that as we go along past Clatteringshaws Loch/A712 there is a sign that says ‘Gatehouse of Fleet offroad’, from the map it looks feasible, anyway if you do any of that wouldn’t mind seeing a review.

Cheers
    *Alternative Day Out: See internet: electric brae – I personally find it truly weird, Dunure, nearby has a nice ‘quaint’ harbour, cafe + pub and castle. From Girvan can visit Ailsa Craig but apart from that not recommended.

nice (*honest food, nice mellow feel – not trendy/posh/smart etc) pub in Gairlieston (on seafront) *they built landing stuff for D-Day there but I think all traces now erased with new builds.

You can have a cup of tea in a lighthouse (Corsewall Point, *also see Mull of Galloway vistor centre – which may be better)

bigbloke
    Free Member

Have stayed at a great place self catering as a family at Tulloch Farm. Its a working farm with some holiday cottages onsite two are next to each other so may work for you. Set in lovely area with access to river walks and farm walks. Biking is at Fort William or Laggan centres which are both 20 mins easy drive either way. Locatdd just outside Roybridge about 10 miles from Fort William.

davosaurusrex

Cheers bigbloke but already booked

heihei

Good call mate – we must have driven past that place last week as we headed up to the viaduct just to the North. Looks mint.
    As confirmed addicts of the Highlands, my wife and I never fail to be very surprised as to how much we enjoy the borders, and spending NY literally 5 miles south of where you’ll be was no exception.
    Riding wise, we did a couple of laps of Kirroughtree, and did the taster loop with the kids at Dalbeattie – both awesome.
    Check out my post here for some further info….
    Link

PS I’d be very jealous if my wife hadn’t suggested spending 2 weeks in the Alps this summer for our hols!!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Family holiday near Fort William/ North of Glasgow area- recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.