Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Family Friendly Early Season Skiing in Europe
  • solarider
    Free Member

Fancy a ski trip with Mrs Solarider (good but inexperienced skier) and Solarider Jnr (he’s 2, 1/2!) prior to Christmas (leaving mid December, returning just before Christmas).

Want to keep to Europe.

Solarider Jnr is maybe too young to ski, but if possible we would like to get him on planks if possible.

So the wish list is:

Quiet, family friendly resort
    Good early season snow
    Decent groomed pistes for us, with a good ski school for him
    Maybe even a decent drive rather than flight (but not essential)
    Nice atmosphere (no euro raves!)
    Nice food

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sainte Foy is excellent for what you want, what you cannot guaranty is snow. We had an outstanding pre-Christmas week with White Room Chalet in 2012 and mostly grass in 2015 (think that was the year). Tignes is about 20 mins drive if the snow is poor but that’s not the sort of holiday you want I think.

You might want to look at Arosa too, at 1900m resort is reasonably snow sure and beginner slopes are right in the village. Thats a flight to Zurich and drive or take the train (last hour from Chur is an excellent mountain railway ride) there are some train changes (airport to zurich to Chur to Arosa)

solarider
    Free Member

Early season snow is a must really. A week in a damp, green alpine resort would be hellish with both of them!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look at Club Med Val Thorens – all inclusive inc classes/groups, skis, pass, child care. Not sure you’ll get more snow sure than that.

jimdubleyou

Val Thorens opens next week. They’ve had loads of snow. (Going at xmas).

batfink
    Free Member

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Tignes – we always used to go early, and ALWAYS had snow. Tignes is actually made up of several villages – my preference would be Val Claret

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Family Friendly Early Season Skiing in Europe’ is closed to new replies.