Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • family friendly accomodation in London….
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m bringing the Bandito tribe (me, the mrs, a 5 year old and a 1 year old) down to that London for a weekend in September. Planning on getting the train down from The North, so getting into Kings Cross 10pmish on the friday. Plan is to spend saturday doing touristy things (likely to be Natural History Museum, Changing of the Guard and maybe a bus-ride or something). And on sunday afternoon we’ve a family party in Wimbledon (the reason for coming down), then getting the train back on sunday evening.

I have no concept of London geography. I know there’s a river through the middle isn’t there?…

So, we need a hotel/B&B/serviced-apartment for the weekend. Preferably fairly near to Kings Cross so we don’t have too far to go on friday evening, but also would be nice to be near museums, parks etc.

Also, I don’t really want to spend more than £250 for the 2 nights.

So, any recomendations? Laterooms.com is only really bringing up the Thistle City Barbican. Any little independant places you can recomend?

fubar
    Free Member

this is a great location and a nice place….

http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_londonStPauls.php?widget=1

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is a great base for doing touristy things (within walking distance of the river, Big Ben, Buck Palace, Green/St James Parks, London eye, Aquarium etc). They do a studio room for 2 adults and 2 kids which has lots of space and a mini kitchen (fridge, microwave)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is a great base for doing touristy things (within walking distance of Cask in SW1).

🙂

Oh, and just over the river from the Tate as well. They do some excellent stuff for kids there, well worth a trip.

russianbob
    Free Member

Thirded for the Park Plaza Westminster. Pool as well. The hotel can be pricey though.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks chaps so far.
    Looks like I need to extend my mortgage though… £200-£300 seems to be the going rate for a single night 🙁

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

If the Park Plaza’s too pricey, might be worth checking out the nearby (and new) Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks
    Waterloo is full, but Premier Inn Euston has a room for £300. Fairly near to Kings Cross.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

If it helps, lastminute.com are doing offers on London hotels (book by tomorrow) and an extra 10% off with promocode: SEPTEMBER10

fubar
    Free Member

£200-£300 seems to be the going rate for a single

the one I linked shows

Superior Room With Kitchenette
    Read more
    GBP 149.00 / Night
    Excluding Taxes & Fees
    View Price Breakdown

2 nights going fri 27th ..so ‘only’ £150 a night

ir_bandito
    Free Member

thanks again.
    Clubquarters comes in at £370 incl taxes etc.

Lastminute code could be handy. I’ll keep looking…

midlifecrashes

Have you tried YHA, we’ve booked a private room for family before for cheapness. Also for more cash the Hilton Metropole has good big rooms and fantastic breakfasts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘family friendly accomodation in London….’ is closed to new replies.