Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Family Campsite recommendations please..mid to north England.
  • rockhopper70

We have taken the plunge and bought a tent for the family holidays. We have had a few sites suggested to us but I there can never be too many good recommendations.
    Things we are after, well, good clean toilets and showers. Perhaps near a town for handy supplies. Suitable and interesting for kids (12,10&7). We are in calderdale so ideally no more than an hour and a half drive. Must be dog friendly too. No interest in a clubhouse/sports bar/entertainment.

woody21
    Free Member

Try the Royal Oak at Hurdlow – http://www.peakpub.co.uk

It’s just of the High Peak Trail

Campsite and an award winning pub

tuffty
    Free Member

Any of the camping and caravanning club sites.

boxelder

Gibraltar farm, silverdale, near Carnforth.

ji
    Free Member

check out ukcampsite.co.uk – the reviews are excellent for pretty much any site, and usually give you massive detail about the sort of features you are looking for.

ji
    Free Member

Hey – first time for a double post- yay!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I always recommend
    Birchwood Farm
    We only live 20 mins away but still go up there regular for last minute trips. Brilliant woods run along the whole site, riding literally from the tent door!
    Black rocks 20 mins walk loads to do there cromford canal 15 mins walk. Matlock bath via train or drive 15 mins away. In fact countless stuff to do!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Woody that’s an expensive camp site!

MoreCashThanDash

The site at Cropton Forest – lots of woods to play in, has a bar, handy for Dalby

Dales_rider
    Free Member

We will allow a Tyke in to Gods county stay here
    A lot less than an hour, or is it ?

woody21
    Free Member

Wrightyson – don’t go camping so not sure of prices. It is a good pub, free wifi and huge portions of food. It’s only 10 mins from where I live so do frequent quite regularly. The beer is nice as well

Dales_rider
    Free Member

JC on a bike I’ve just checked the prices of the one near me………..
    I’m going to open a campsite……

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Family Campsite recommendations please..mid to north England.’ is closed to new replies.