Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Family campers, would you use this for 2 weeks?
  • Spud

http://www.robens.de/en/Products/TentsTarpsWindscreens/Tents/Outback/Vista500.aspx

Need something smaller, pack-size not space, and is used primarily for summer hols (up to 2 weeks) in UK.

ji
    Free Member

depends how big your family is, and how nice the weather is! In decent weather the tent is really only for sleeping in anyway – the problem is when the weather is crap. I have a huge tent (Gelert Beyond Meridian 10), but there is 6 of us.

Have a look over on ukcampsite.co.uk for recommendations for tents (and for campsites). They also have a classifieds section – second hand tents go for very little and are worth a try.

Junkyard
    Free Member

for weekends but not for a fortnight imagine two days of rain stuck in that

Spud

Beginning to think what we want doesn’t exist. We’re on our second Wild Country, current one is huge. Too big really, great if the weather is pants but in reality we spend most time out and about. Been trawling UKCampsite too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would yes.

molgrips
    Free Member

imagine two days of rain stuck in that

Who sits IN their tent all day when it rains?

Spud

Not us!

restless
    Free Member

i wouldn’t like the kids being next to my room. they would get on my nerves. my tent has the other bedroom at the opposite end, a tunnel tent.
    or better still , get a pop up tent for your children , then this tent would be fine. its got a lovely big porch.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Who sits IN their tent all day when it rains

Dry people?

Sorted the caravan yet Mr I would 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I sit in inside tourist attractions, restaurants, shops, coffee shops and the like, and stay dry 🙂

Caravan is in Germany although it’s looking a little fragile since I jacked it up too high to look underneath it. Needs some work.. plus I found a place where it’d been leaking 🙁

And Mrs Grips is obsessing about a new one almost as much as me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Family campers, would you use this for 2 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.