Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Family beach holiday destinations with good trails
  • garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Any tips on a good family beach holiday locations with easy access to some decent trails? The domestic chief of staff is demanding sunshine and sand this year. We have 2 kids under 7 so needs to be kiddy friendly. Thanks

Klunk
    Free Member

north wales beaches are stunning shame about the sunshine

zangolin
    Free Member

Santa Monica or Laguna Beach – California.
    or
    Barmouth N.W.Wales just down the road from CYB.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Finale Ligure

ahwiles
    Free Member

Mallorca.

timnwild

We’re off to Argeles sur Mer in France later this summer. I’ve only got a day to ride by myself but I can drive into the pyrenees for bike park type action, or there are local trails too.

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

If I could get away with taking them to Barmouth for a fortnight I would. I know the kids would love camping and hiking on Cader Idris. The wife would definitely not be happy though.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Hi Garth’

We discovered Neilsons (part of Thomas Cooks) a bit late as our children were pretty grown up…

But check out their Beach Club Holidays – There are not particularly cheap BUT they have excellent kids clubs with good staff ratios and different clubs for different ages. The Kids do a full range of activities too. The food (club board) is inluded & there is plenty of it.

Sun – plenty of it & water sports (windsurfing & dinghy sailing) or just veging out by the pool!

And mountain biking? Some excellent biking – particularly in Greece – up mountains; down switchbacks on pretty rough & challenging terrain. Rides are led & they have a morning ride of between 2-4hours and easier evening rides for beginners. The bikes were getting a bit tired last year & a few took their own. Some people just went for the biking & were out by themselves day after day.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Isle of Wight?

zelak999
    Free Member

Menorca has awesome trails around the perimeter of the island.
    There is a couple of decent lbs to hire a stumpy fsr too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neilson
    Neilson
    And, Neilson

takisawa2

Pear Tree Park in Dorset is about the nicest campsite I’ve ever stayed on, & I gather there’s loads of trails around the Purbecks. That Bikemonger bloke Charlie could probably point you to a few. There’s some lovely little beaches, one we love is by the Bank’s Arms at Studland. Little cafe, netted swimming area etc. Get the kids a shorty wetsuit each & they will have a great time. My two do.

ianv
    Free Member

There is ment to be ace riding near argeles sur mer. There is also loads just in land in the tet valley, also some near fitou. Nice weather as well.

MoreCashThanDash

North Yorkshire, North Wales, Dumfries and Galloway – depends how “guaranteed” you want the sunshine!

bhmartin
    Free Member

I am lucky to live near Coin-inland from the Costa del Sol where we have some wonderful mountain biking country that can be as easy or as difficult as you want and only half an hour from Marbella.

tang
    Free Member

West Wales, good beaches, not far to drive to good trails. Or north Devon, woolacombe then you have exmoor to ride on.

tuffty
    Free Member

Dorset, round Swanage. Trails around there have some stunning views.

tomaso
    Free Member

Rockcliffe in Dumfires and Galloway would be my choice

Or Lanzarote Tenerife will do it if you want more certain sunshine

marco
    Free Member

Try Tenerife
    Not the usual resorts but somewhere just out of town like Costa Adeje.
    Lots for kids to do and some great riding too, check out Lavatrax website for some ideas

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Thanks all – many good ideas to follow up.

votchy
    Free Member

Frejus/St Raphael on the Cote d’azur, stunning beaches, stunning scenery, they are on the edge of the maritime alps where they run the Roc d’azur every year, holiday there most years but not yet ridden my bike there as there are so many other things to do, have taken our kids there since they were toddlers and they are mid teens now.

bol

Ibiza. Good guides, good trails, good beaches, mixed clientele.

catcher
    Free Member

Another (slightly biased) vote for Finale. Having travelled extensively with the bike and family in tow there really isn’t anywhere more convenient for great trails straight from the beach, lovely family restaurants and awesome ice cream! Email Lorenzo at Hotel Florenz (bike storage, workshop and airport pickups too).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Family beach holiday destinations with good trails’ is closed to new replies.