Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fake Nixon watches?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

How real or fake do these eBay Nixon watches seem to people? The “new without tags” and the fact they are about 60% cheaper than retail prices has me a bit suspicious, also that they are being shipped from Tokyo. Was just looking at getting one, but wouldn’t want a fake.

Link here…

iolo
    Free Member

If it feels wrong it’s probably wrong. Thats a lot of cash if it is a fake.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

That watch usually retails for about 350 pounds. Sale price is usually no more than about 30% off.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Could I suggest you email Nixon in the USA and ask them what they think, they will soon tell you if he’s a legit seller! From his returns policy on his eBay listing, it’s shite not what I would expect from a genuine Nixon stockists……unless they’re made under licence in Asia as Nixon gave offices in Asia.

fourbanger
    Free Member

It might work a bit better if its a fake.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

You aren’t a fan then fourbanger?

Good idea Suggsey.

imnotverygood

I’ve got one and it goes through the battery like nobody’s business. A bit irritating.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

How long you get out of a battery? I’d expect at least a year.

imnotverygood

About 3-4 months IIRC, maybe a bit longer

fourbanger
    Free Member

Well…
    All black 51-30 with bracelet – got condensation in. Drunken swapped in a bar before I had a chance to take it back…
    Black Private with olive strap – stopped working, went back and was fixed, stopped working again, went back and was fixed. Stopped wearing as it was a present from my ex…
    Black Passport on a ballistic strap, which stopped working shortly after I bought and went back. Apparently only a dead battery though and it is still working. Threw in a new strap which was nice of them.
    Seem a bit like Hope, cracking customer, but they seem to need it.
    Personally I’m a big fan as I keep buying them!

CountZero

There’s something a bit iffy about the photos on that eBay offer, the first one looks legit, but going to the next with close-up of sections of the watch, the date is the wrong font; its serif rather than san serif, so either it’s been ‘shopped, or it’s a photo of the actual watch, which I’d say is clearly a fake.
    It’s all about the little details…
    [edit] just had a look at Nixon’s site, and the version on there has a serif number in the date window, while other versions of the same watch have san serif:
    http://www.nixon.com/uk/en/product/48-20-chrono-A486.html?sku=A4862064-00
    Could be legit, but really not sure.

ads678

I’ve had a Nixon Advisor for 9 years, changed the battery about 3 times I think!! Always worked flawlessly.
    Strap broke when I dropped it once but got that fixed easily enough.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

They do make very nice looking watches. Would be a shame if they just didn’t function very well. Or maybe it’s just a case of bad luck.

Nicely spotted about the font!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I’ve had a nixon The Rocker for about 12 years and changed the battery once I think. Keeps pretty good time too.

demonracer

I have a Rover SS, a Super Rover SS and a 5130 chrono, I’ve had two of them for around 10 years and the 5130 for around 5 or 6 years. I’ve had no problems with any of them however if you run the chronograph constantly they will tear through a battery.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fake Nixon watches?’ is closed to new replies.