• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lerk.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fake names for delivery addresses
  • mc
    Free Member

I’ve been selling some bike related items for a while now via ebay, and occasionally I’ll get a delivery name that differs from the paypal account name.
    Now I used to put this down to people using partners accounts, which is understandable, however I’ve had a couple lately where it’s quite obvious it’s not a partners name.

That’s unless there really are people called Duke Hazzard, and Ivor Biggun, who happen to stay in the same household as more common names..

So how many people actually do this, and more importantly why?

scotroutes

Some folk do it as a way of finding out where their spam mail/email comes from.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I have no idea, maybe they want to confuse the postie?

cranberry
    Free Member

I once confused a Tesco delivery man who was looking for a customer called “Tesco Sent This” – I’d signed up for home delivery and wanted to make sure that if they sold my address or spammed me that I’d know who to blame. They didn’t.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have no idea, maybe they want to confuse the postie?

I agree with this guy….not sure why.

LoCo
    Free Member

When I was working at another company we had a warranty claim from a shop, the receipt from the shop for said items address was.

The Cock Inn,
    Tillet,
    Herts.

The shock wasn’t warrantied unsurprisingly, Tools

rt60
    Free Member

There used to be a lass who worked there called Lucy Lykes

pk13

I once got a shipping quote for 2 vw buses from the USA in the name of Mr F Zappa.
    Can I add Kingstown shipping have a cracking since of humour.

hot_fiat

Sent Lister on here 10 bags of frozen peas via Tesco online following his vasectomy. Addressed to “Mr Busta Gonad”. 😆

takisawa2

Mate had some bits addressed to our Goods Inwards dept.
    Address label read Goods in Woods.

lerk
    Free Member

I always add an amusing name to the RS “fao” box on their website…
    Given that there’s only me on site that orders from RS, it’s not tricky when things arrive for Mr Richard Head, Mrs Eileen Over or Miss D Meanor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fake names for delivery addresses’ is closed to new replies.