Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fake Britain!
  • Trekster

Programme covering Birmingham finds fake iPhone chargers of the type which have killed people!!

grum
    Free Member

I had a cheapo iphone charger literally explode, and a cheap apple imitation laptop charger that set on fire!

philbert31
    Free Member

If the big manufacturers didn’t charge the ridiculous prices they do for these items then fakes would no longer have a place. I know that it costs a fraction more to make something safe and decent quality but £35-40 for pissing phone charger is extracting the michael!

molgrips
    Free Member

£35-40 for pissing phone charger is extracting the michael!

Were you expecting value for money from Apple?

jam-bo

iphone charger from apple is £15. who charges £35?

konabunny
    Free Member

Don’t bring facts into this! 👿

marcus7
    Free Member

£15 for a charger seems pretty reasonable to me, knowing what it costs to develop just one component in a charger would justify this and the rapid changes in available technology mean production runs of only a few years. It may surprise some people to know that they chargers for these devices change quite often and they are a key player in the devices overall power performance. Yes the components themselves are relatively cheap in terms of material cost but the years of development is very expensive and needs to be recouped over a relatively short production life span. Mind you I don’t own any apple products as I think they are overpriced… 😉

grum
    Free Member

£15 for a phone charger isn’t too bad. However a genuine Apple laptop charger is a bit of a pisstake at IIRC around £70, especially when you consider how flimsy the joint between the brick and the charging cable is.

takisawa2

years of development

What, for a phone charger… 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

Here’s an article comparing chargers.

(Owner of a Sugru-patched MacBook charger – agree with grum’s comment on lack of quality)

zilog6128

^^^ that was a very interesting link, thanks!

marcus7
    Free Member

Well we are at year three now so yes years of development…

project
    Free Member

Huge amount of stuff being faked, from whiskey, fags, vodka to electronic stuff to electric toothbrushes, buy cheap and take a chance.

But then today there is a huge recall of bosch and hotpoint dishwashers that catch fire due to a faulty part.

So you cant even trust big companies.

nealglover
    Free Member

iphone charger from apple is £15. who charges £35?

Apple do.

£30 for a lightning cable and plug adaptor.

£40 if you want 2m cable instead of 1m.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What, for a phone charger…

You seem like you might know what goes into development of a phone charger – enlighten us why that’s an unreasonable amount of dev time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fake Britain!’ is closed to new replies.