Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Faith no more!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Just been listening to my iPod and came across a faith no more album that I’d not heard for a while and it’s got me bouncing round the room!!

Angel dust is the album!!

Anyone else like faith no more then??

singlecrack
    Free Member

Epic…..

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yep, “angel dust” is a great album, I prefer “the real thing” though

renton
    Free Member

It gets better

I’ve just found “The real thing” on here too!!

renton
    Free Member

From out of nowhere is my favorite song of all time!

Northwind

I know it’s not normal but I prefer King For A Day.

kimbers

Mike Patton is still going strong

Peeping tom is a great album

Fantomas stuff is a bit crap

but Tomahawks not bad

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Mr Bungle anyone?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

As stated earlier: Epic!

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yoABwIlX3s[/video]

Schweet..

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yachrjvO2Ow[/video]

seavers
    Free Member

Thank you for posting this. I had totally forgetten how good their tunes are!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saw them at old wembley as a support. The place went mental during epic!!

jools182
    Free Member

I love the first 2 albums with Chuck

I think Angel dust was the last album I bought

Met them at a signing in what used to be Virgin records in Manchester on the real thing tour

Great band and no one else sounds like them

unknown
    Free Member

Music geek alert… on the live at brixton album Epic is introduced thusly: “this song is a song with four letters in the title, and it starts with an e”. Used to think it was just a throwaway line until many years later it clicked, the first chord in Epic is an E! Such a simple thing, makes me smile every time.

arrpee
    Free Member

Hell yes.

Saw them loads of times, the best being the secret gig at The Garage in Glasgow just before ‘King for a Day’ came out. I’ll never forget the sight of 300 hairy-arsed glaswegian metal fans pogo-ing away whilst chanting “I SWALLOW! I SWALLOW! I SWALLOW! I SWAAAAAAALLOOOOOW!”

mudshark
    Free Member

I love the first 2 albums with Chuck

Really? They have their moments but blown away by the later stuff with Mike surely?

Saw them in Jan 1990 in sheffield, followed a few weeks later by the Chilis; what a great month!

badllama
    Free Member

Love the live Album “Live At The Brixton Academy”

“You want to go **** home?” classic! 😀

GrahamS

I’m often found mumbling RV to myself in the shower:

Where’re the kids? I dunno.. maybe pregnant.. or on drugs.. or on welfare.. on top of the world.. on the honour role.. on parole..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjoL91gFwC4[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got their first album, which is a bit crap. However, they appear to have jazzed a certain track up a bit? 😉

From what I’ve heard (and I’ve listened to at least one full album – dunno which), I really like Epic and From Out of Nowhere – and absolutely nothing else

dunsapie
    Free Member

Faith no more and Sparks –
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobnONuSqLo[/video]

and

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgswHrmaklk[/video]

CountZero

Great band, a bit more fun than Soundgarden, some of their covers are excellent. I saw them on the Angel Dust tour, got the tee shirt upstairs. 😀

wordnumb
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7PT2FB2ze4[/video]

glasgowdan
    Free Member

They are one band I return to time and time again over the years for superb music. I am also a bigger fan of the Chuck era, the guy was a punk and his attitude and voice suited the music bang on. A bit less mainstream.

stevew
    Free Member

Always loved them, seen them a fair few times. The best time was the Manchester Acadamy gig around the time of King for a Day, we went for pre gig food and saw Mike Patton in our favourite kebab shop. He was a really nice bloke too.

stumpy01

Oh yes! Love a bit of Faith No More…!

Could never decide if I preferred Angel Dust or The Real Thing….
    I think The Real Thing might just pip it…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Listen……That was real!

scruff
    Free Member

Listen to them still as Im having A Midlife Crisis.

😳

angeldust
    Free Member

One of my favourites
    😉

Bazz

Love a bit of Faith no more, best albums for me are Introduce yourself and The real thing, love the cover of War pigs on the Brixton live album as well.

MrSparkle

I also saw them in Sheffield on the Angel Dust tour and also have the t shirt upstairs. They were my favourite band for a loooong time.
    Love this track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVbj82Nz8DM

RustySpanner

Great band.

Got to meet them backstage at the International on Mike Pattons first UK tour as a friend of ours was a photographer for Kerrang! (Declan Gleason) and knew them quite well from the Chuck days.

Their entire rider consisted of 24 cans of Bud, which they were more than happy to share with a group of sweaty star struck idiots.

They chatted to us for ages, showed us some chords, couldn’t have been more friendly.
    Came across as a genuinely nice bunch.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Love em.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Fantastic band, the real thing is a regular, although I never got to watch them live, I always remember watching korn with Mike bordin on the drums.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Awesome band, saw them at Phoenix festival in 95, best of the weekend. Cover of Glory box was blinding.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

We care a lot! About the army, navy, air force and marines…

toppers3933
    Free Member

love a bit of faith. saw them at the NEC many moons ago. everyone was throwing the seat covers around. it was hilarious watching the stewards trying to stop people. They were certainly busy telling everyone to sit down. yeah righto, good luck with that. They gave up after about 10 minutes. 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

In a very similar way I just rediscovered Smashmouth. Weeeeeeee!

jools182
    Free Member

@mudshark yes I’m sure 🙂

Chuck couldn’t sing but that was kind of the point. He was a great frontman and I liked that he wasn’t a polished vocalist

I liked Mike too, he’s got a cracking voice, polar opposite to Chuck

arrpee
    Free Member

Awesome band, saw them at Phoenix festival in 95, best of the weekend. Cover of Glory box was blinding.

Ahhhhh, yup. I was there for that one too. I also recall that Patton got his wang out and widdled all over the stage. At least he didn’t drink it out of his shoe that time

Reminds me of the numerous tales of ‘shit-terrorism’ from the Angel Dust tour, my favourite being the story that he shat in a carton of orange juice, re-sealed it and hid it in L7’s rider. The occasion he was reported to have crammed a jobbie into a hotel room hairdryer comes a close second.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Faith no more!!’ is closed to new replies.