Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fair trade cycle clothing?
  • leffeboy

Anyone got any recommendations for fair trade cycle clothing, ie. stuff where people at the bottom of the chain get a fair price rather than stuff that has just been greenwashed? I could just do a web search but it is impossible to tell which stuff is good and which is just adding a treehugger premium

So, anyone using stuff they would recommend?

aa
    Free Member

Velobici. From notts to leics to you. Whether the raw material is fair trade I don’t know

leffeboy

nice find, actually being UK manufactured works for me. Do you have any of their stuff?

aa
    Free Member

I do, gloves, armwarmers, kneewarmers, the jerseys are on my shortlist but I cant justify another one at the moment.

MoreCashThanDash

Shutt used to be British manufactured, not sure whether they have kept it up.

Not sure where Howies are on the fair trade side, but the Dyfi jacket is made of old bottles

leffeboy

Howies appear to be organic/eco rather than fair trade. The old bottles stuff has been around for ages e.g. Patagonia, so I’m always a bit wary when it becomes a selling point. I’ll take a look at Shutt though as British manufactured stuff would work well.
    tx for that suggestions

edit: Just looked at Shutt (http://www.shuttvr.com) and they appear to have some stuff made in the UK and some in China but the are up front about it which is good

nbt

Lusso is also made in the UK, have a pair of their bib shorts and Mrs NBT has a couple of their Roubaix rights

leffeboy

excellent, how could i have forgotten Lusso – adds to list. They have this wonderful video on their site about how it is manufactured with the person doing the demonstration going on about the carbon in their products closely followed by a ‘and we all know the properties of carbon’? anyway any idea?

And there is Endura as well of course but i’m fed up with their inability to select a zip that lasts more than 6 months

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fair trade cycle clothing?’ is closed to new replies.