Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fair cop guv
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Got home from work tonight and there was a letter from the rozzers advising me that my car had been caught driving away from a local petrol station on Monday without paying. At first I thought it was fraud,but then remembered that I had worked till 9pm Monday and was late picking my daughter up from Scouts. I remember the car was on fumes so I’d dashed to the garage. I coudn’t actually remember paying, so It was more than likely me.

I phoned them and owned up. The woman answering the phone told me it was a refreshing change to hear such honesty and that I should go and pay. So I did. The bloke in the garage had a bit of a go as he’d been bollocked for it, but he was fine about it in the end. The bloke behind me in the queue wasn’t though, he had massive arse while the paperwork was done.

I’m glad that some benefit of the doubt exists as I guess I could be sat here with a criminal record instead.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Honesty is always best I find. Admit you f***** up and it sort of takes the wind out of their sails….

qwerty
    Free Member

ha, i’ve done it before! i drove home and then a while later got a knock at the front door from the police, informing me of my forgetfulness, i popped back to pay the very unimpressed attendant!!!

matt_outandabout

FairPlay. To you, police and garage.

Northwind

I had that THIS IS AN OUTRAGE oh no hang on wait a minute thing a while back after getting busted for driving in a bus lane. I never do that, so I assumed it was wrong… Then i realised, I’d taken a monday off and just kind of assumed that since I wasn’t in work, it was the weekend, and therefore I could drive where the **** I wanted.

But no, apparently the weekend is an actual defined thing, and that’ll be £30.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did that at the local sainsburys a few years back. Just got back in the car and drove off. No idea what I was thinking. Crossed my mind the next day and I strolled down to fess up and pay. The lady behind the till said they hadn’t reported it as they’d had record of the same car filling up there loads of times and never not paying so they figured it was a mistake and were giving me a few days grace to come back and pay. I like when shops make analog decisions like that instead of digital ones. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

About 90% of drive offs reported to us have this outcome . I dare say it’s less in some regions though.

nealglover
    Free Member

I like when shops make analog decisions like that instead of digital ones.

It’s great isn’t it. The exact same thing happened to me and it was very refreshing indeed!

I do fill up at the same garage 3 to 4 times a week though, and spend £6k+ a year. So they have got to know me and probably wouldn’t want to lose the business by reporting me to the rozzers 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fair cop guv’ is closed to new replies.