Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fair City Enduro Perth – what tyres?
  • dmorts

Doing the Muckmedden Fair City enduro tomorrow in Perth. The stages are ridden blind so not sure what to expect.

All I’m wondering is whether to switch my DHF for a Shorty on the front, in light of recent weather and weather on the day, i.e. Rain 😀

Shorty might be better on the “enduro” trails but could suffer in harder pack trail centre and bike park sections

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Go Shorty. IIRC even the one stage with hard pack ends with some mud potential and all the rest definitely have mud potential.

BoardinBob

There’s very little in the way of hard pack. Only really the small bike park section. Everything else is pretty much natural. Shorty is a good choice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dmorts

Cheers! Shorty it is then

doubledunter
    Free Member

There’s very little in the way of hard pack. Only really the small bike park section

…and word on the street is there is only very small section of that being used before it shoots off-piste again

nwallace
    Free Member

Kinnoul’s pretty much all Earth tracks cut out of grass and Mud except for the bike park which is Gravel.

it’s also only blind if you’re not local or you haven’t found a new trail that’s been cut out the week before.

dmorts

Shorty worked well thanks, perhaps could have done with one on the rear at times too!

…and word on the street is there is only very small section of that being used before it shoots off-piste again

It was quite short and definitely not worth basing a tyre choice on. Shoot off piste it did, glad of the shouts of “Right! Right!”

BoardinBob

Aye it was pretty much 99% off piste this year. Spent a lot of time going sideways

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fair City Enduro Perth – what tyres?’ is closed to new replies.