Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Failed bike item- can you ask and receive a refund?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

The seatube looks duff, thats your return right there……

Maybe its your pictures of the dropout, but it looks like the machine that burnt the dropout out of a sheet of metal wasnt setup right and there is slag or just a crap edge on the part (the step) thats been laquered over to me, it appears to be quite even allaround the dropout, not seen any metal crack down the middle and then one side grow 2%..

Rockhopper
    Free Member

What kind of frame is it? Looks like somethng knocked up in junior school metalwork classes to be honest.

hora
    Free Member

Sending off now. Just couldnt be ‘bothered’/hassle of sending it off. You know, having to bring it into work/tape it up/box and arrange collection etc. Just seems hassle (sounds daft I know).

VanHalen

cheap taiwanese frame in early fail shocker.

the manufacturer even admits they are cheap and cheerful.

but its steel. get it welded and wear the scar as a badge of honour.

daveplanetx
    Free Member

Theres surely really no problem , well sort this out for you . The raw lacqueer look is definitely very industrial
    and without seeing the issues close up its hard to see, but if its only a month old or just over then cant see how wed not refund you (assuming you havent ridden into a tree or anything silly)

Just get in touch ,if your not happy and dont want a replacement thas fine , can probably get it collected .

If you wanted a blue painted 456 . summer season , refund all ok , cant stretch to a ti 456 though .

Mail me at

dave@planet-x-bikes.com

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very nice answer Dave – even tho you weren’t named. Now that is service

retro83
    Free Member

Yes, well done that man!

hora
    Free Member

Agree. Even though not named I’d never unfairly have a go on a public forum regardless. As stated earlier- I didnt want any inferring and in no way was I mudslinging at any point.

Ok, maybe I have over Marzocchi in the past 🙄

richc
    Free Member

you working on getting blacklisted from another manufacturer? as aren’t you barred from buying DialledBikes products due to you being you

hora
    Free Member

you working on getting blacklisted from another manufacturer? as aren’t you barred from buying DialledBikes products due to you being you

No? What are you inferring? I owned a Alpine frame (bought from Mike and sold on here).

richc
    Free Member

How long did you have the Alpine?

hora
    Free Member

a few months?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – of course it might have been best to ask the folk you bought it from first.

hora
    Free Member

TJ -agree. The post was ‘bikepart’ at first so I had to add in what the item was. However the Question/point of the post was what ‘rights’ I had/have and if the rear dropout was an additional fault. Thats how it unfurled.

ken_shields
    Free Member

The drop out is pressed steel not cast. The ridge you can see is cause by incorrect clearance between the top and bottom dies of the stamping tool. Alternatively the bottom die may need a lick with a grinder to sharpen it.

Normally you wouldn’t notice this because of the paint but as it’s a clear lacquer frame it seems very obvious. It will not affect the strength of the part at all

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can’t make out the seat tube pic but the dropout would not concern me.

tinsy
    Free Member

Kens got it… I couldnt tell if it was shear marks or if it had been burnt out by laser cutting…

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Failed bike item- can you ask and receive a refund?’ is closed to new replies.