Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Faceplant – new helmet advice please
  • madeupname
    Free Member

Selfie

stitches

Stupid over the bars moment leads to a hole through top lip and smashed helmet (yet to check bike)…

Dead helmet was a Spesh Propero II – I’ve always worn Spesh lids, just wondered what else was out there before I buy a new one. I’ve got time to kill as I can work for a day or two

v8ninety

No meaningful advice, but ouch! Gonna be a while before you’re shaving that top lip again… 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

One that fits. Obvs.

Seven IDP M2? Comfy, well made, available in a range of eye melting enduro colours as well as black or white.

A bargain at £60-ish. There have been a few threads recently about them.

Cougar

I’ve always worn Spesh lids

Don’t Spesh do half-price replacements on crash-damaged lids? Or have I made that up?

jairaj

Yep I’ve used the Spesh crash replacement scheme to get a discount on a new helmet. Can’t remember if it was half price but it was certainly a significant discount.

teamslug
    Free Member

Just replaced a 661 recon with another last week after a 30mph crash that left me with concussion and a Darth Maul style eye. Helmet cracked in two places so I reckon it probably saved me from potential brain damage so I’ve got another…. but not planning on cracking this one!!!.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Faceplant – new helmet advice please’ is closed to new replies.