Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Facebook WTF? Moral dilema.
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Just had a friend request from my former manager froma job i left 7 weeks ago.
    Nothing wrong with that you may say, but she made my working life a misery and was generally obstructive when i was there and now she wants to be my friend? I suspect she just wants to find out how im doing and generally be nosy. Obviously she must think that now i've left i bear no ill feeling towards her etc.

So should i:-
    1) Ignore her
    2) Accept and play nice
    3) Accept and be hateful to her?

Let the STW swingometer decide!

jon1973
    Free Member

1) Ignore her

Why bother doing anything else?

FuzzyWuzzy

3, life's too short not to have some drama in it

firestarter
    Free Member

delete your account as facebook is poo ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

1) – no-one cares.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

4) add her as a friend then create a stw app allowing you to wee in peoples virtual shoes and own them with virtual bombers

bruneep

wow that is a real dilemma………………..
    🙄

1)

retro83
    Free Member

Accept her, then draw obscene pictures on her graffiti wall etc

bigyinn
    Free Member

Good to see no-one noticed the irony….

joolsburger
    Free Member

She may have been nasty because she burned a candle for you! Perhaps this is the start of a period of extended stalking…

walla24
    Free Member

decline.

then send her a mail telling her how she 'made your working life a misery'…sheeesh if you are an ass to people you should be prepared to be told that you're an ass!

wwaswas

write to your former employer saying she's stalking you and can they ask her stop.

IanMunro
    Free Member

5) post her address so we can all become her friends.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

She just wants more FB friends cos who has the most wins.

I once sent a FB message to a mgr I'd done some work for saying I was interested in a permanent role she had – she ignored my message other than that she sent me a friend invitation. Odd I thought.

midlifecrashes

This thread is useless without…

6) Pitchforks!

GrahamS

Use linkedin for professional/work contacts and networking. Facebook is for friends only!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

dont accept, probably can't let go of making your life a misery and wants to do it on FB, reminds me of………..sorry, dropped off there

IT's FACEBOOK, WHO GIVES A MONKEYS?

highclimber
    Free Member

ignore the bitch

simonb512
    Free Member

What I usually do in those circumstances is to accept them immediatly remove her as a friend.

So shes gets the confirmation but you don't get alerted if you were removed as a friend.

I often get ex gf's and people from school that I haven't seen in 10years that I never got a long with.

Shame its so addicitive, otherwise I'd just delete my account. Oh and my phone sort of depends on FB for it's contact list.

FuzzyWuzzy

I thought you had to be a teenage girl to be addicted to FB?

GrahamS

Actually no, Facebook is for old folk, the largest demgraphic is 35+ in the US and 20-29 in the UK:
    http://www.clickymedia.co.uk/tag/facebook-demographics/

hilldodger
    Free Member

Accept, but put link to this thread in reply message….

Cougar

I've held for a while now that what Facebook really needs is a "this user is a ****" button.

I was in a very similar position a little while ago. I ignored the user in question, but was bowled over by WTFness; back when we worked together there was a mutual hatred between us that you could've mined diamonds with.

Cougar

(Boo, censored words I'd already sensored! Rhymes with "hunt").

zokes
    Free Member

Just leave the request there. That way she can't ask again. Either that or block her, then you simply vanish….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Splendid, lots of lovely nasty things i can do….

snowslave

Kill her

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wish….
    Im rather keen on the whole slow painful torture thing first though….

binners

Has Hora not been along yet suggesting back doors and flash grenades

zaskar
    Free Member

I've never used Facebook from seeing it as sad but it might good for networking.

2) Accept and be yourself.

If you will never ever meet this person again or need a reference etc then 1) ignore her.

3) if you want to sink to her level but you're better than that so roll dice and go back to 1).

Ignore if you can't stand her. Thing is I had a boss from hell whihc everyone hated but said on his last day he would miss me as were a great team-some a55holes don't realise they are a55holes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Accepted and blocked.

megastream
    Free Member

was she hot? That would be a big deciding factor.

bigyinn
    Free Member

NOT!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Facebook WTF? Moral dilema.’ is closed to new replies.