Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Facebook wisdom
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I did sort of ask this a while ago but go no joy. Lets try again.
    Got message on FB a/c telling me that I was locked as I was trying from an unfamiliar device. Not so as I use 1 pc but anyway…..FB wants my DoB to confirm that its me but it won’t accept it! Tried everything close in case I mis-clicked at the start. Nope.
    Easily set up another a/c to get in to ask for help but nothing is forthcoming. Member of one group. Can my old membership be easily deleted so that I can rejoin? Few friends so that can be dealt with. Anyway that an insider can activate the original a/c?
    Ideas from some one who understand the whole thing please.

Drac

Contact Facebook support they’ll help you get your original account back.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Tried that before .All I got was a request to submit my DoB!
    I’ll try again.
    Ta

mattsccm
    Free Member

I am sure that this is a good idea but just where is support? All I find is help centres which don’t allow me to try to make contact.Can anyone provide a link.
    Google was useless.

mattsccm
    Free Member

any one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

are you in facebook or are you being directed elsewhere?

Drac
    dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Well, looking at “facebook lockout” brought many google options, mainly about the same methods;
    https://www.facebook.com/help/228372557180280

mattsccm
    Free Member

Been through the above options. They all provide a new password which was never a problem.
    I then get the page asking for my DOB which is the problem. the correct one doesn’t work, nor do any close alternatives.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not a FB expert but surely your home page displays your DOB – can someone not just look?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a right faff on in La Palma trying to log on from a Kindle Fire. Wouldn’t have been arsed if I’d had something new to read but I’d ran out of books & the telly was in Spanish. (which is actually expected over there) 8)

CountZero

US or UK birthdate format? ie, month or day first?

mattsccm
    Free Member

but I can’t see my home page as I can’t login! Viewing it as a friend doesn’t show it and anyway I would have probably not displayed it . why would I?
    Alright so I can do this 😡
    Uk format is all that is offered.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Facebook wisdom’ is closed to new replies.