Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Facebook recruiting – Targeting competitors' staff
  • manvstarmac

Looking to employ a salesperson and hoping to get enquiries from experienced staff already working in the industry.

Can I target people working for my competitors using Facebook advertising? Is it so easy I ought to attempt to set up the adverts myself? If not, what is the type of company I’m approaching to do it for me – a recruiter, or a digital marketing company?

TIA

P-Jay
    Free Member

Isn’t LinkedIn the usual avenue for this sort of thing?

Not everyone lists their employer on FB and fewer people talk about what they do in detail – you may struggle to reach the right audience.

Sales is a nomadic industry, most if not all sales people will have an healthy LinkedIn profile, partly because it makes their work easier and partly because they’re always looking for the next opportunity.

lunge

If you put an advert out, it replies on the right people applying. Use LinkedIn, just message them directly, easy. In fact, if you know who you want just call them, it’s easy enough to find a phone number out. You could get a recruiter to do it for you but that seems an odd decision if you have specific people in mind already.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Buy LinkedIn Premium and message who you like. That’s what the headhunters do.

manvstarmac

Thanks for these replies. We don’t have specific people in mind, but it’s a relatively small industry, so to get the right experience will likely mean someone from a competitor. The idea of LinkedIn is excellent and the webpage linked to is excellent.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Facebook recruiting – Targeting competitors' staff’ is closed to new replies.