Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Facebook hilarity
  • Cougar

A friend on Facebook has asked about help with side effects from antibiotics.

Someone I don’t know has, seriously as far as I can tell, told her to counter it with probiotics.

Proper given me the giggles, that has.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Funny that someone actually gave solid advice on facebook, or that that person on facebook clearly has thrush?

kimbers

Oh dear

Quick delete the post !

scotroutes

There’s fairly good evidence that taking high doses of some probiotics (Lactobacillus rhamnosus or Saccharomyces boulardii) while taking antibiotics can help prevent children getting AAD.
    Without probiotics, antibiotics can sometimes wipe out the protective gut bacteria, resulting in diarrhoea.
    Probiotics given with antibiotics may also reduce the risk of developing a Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infection. C. difficile are potentially dangerous bacteria that can cause diarrhoea and life-threatening complications. They can infect the gut if the balance of gut bacteria is disturbed by antibiotics.
    Probiotics are thought to directly kill or inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, stopping them producing toxic substances that can make you ill.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/probiotics/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Cougar

Spoilsports.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of sittingonthefencebiotics myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Facebook hilarity’ is closed to new replies.