Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Facebook etiquette question. Wife very angry.
  • emma82
    Free Member

I seem to be getting a lot of ‘click like in 3 seconds if you don’t want this baby to die’. Given it takes me on average at least 5 seconds to read what’s written above a picture because I tend to look at pictures first (yes I know, no I’m not five) does this mean I’m a baby murderer? These are actually great for knowing who to hide/block.

Trimix
    Free Member

If you cant be ‘yourself’ to those you call freinds, then they are not real freinds. Sod ’em.

Just carry on as you are, eventually those that dont like/agree with you will bugger off leaving you with mates who see it as you do.

Or just have real mates you only meet in person.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

A friend of the wife’s posted a photograph of her still born child on facebook. It was a photo that just appeared in the news stream, without warning or without any choice as to whether or not to view it.
    My wife was in floods of tears when she showed me, and I can say that it is one of the most upsetting things I have ever seen.

For my money, this is NOT what facebook is for, especially given that there were pregnant mothers on her friends list.

Anyway, grief makes us do things we wouldn’t normally consider. She went on the have a “cull” of all her “so called facebook friends”, or “****” that didn’t facebook message her their condolences.

Feel so sorry for her, because she is normally quite rational.
    I do find it strange that some people see facebook as anything more than a place to communicate the funny little things that happen in your life.

spacemonkey

FB is getting on my t1ts these days. I see far fewer mates using it than in years gone by. There’s now only a hardcore bunch that are on there all the time; some post really interesting/engaging stuff while the others witter on with constant “check in” updates (e.g. London Bridge, Starbucks, Yoga Class etc) and all the other mindlessly dull BS.

I reckon the constant barrage of sleep-inducing updates is putting more and more people off using it.

spacemonkey

A friend of the wife’s posted a photograph of her still born child on facebook.

That’s just plain wrong (IMHOOC) on all levels. But that’s exactly what FB ‘encourages’ people to do. I’d go f^&*ing spare if I was the father of that child and my wife did that – you simply don’t broadcast that kind of stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

Globalti, yesterday

philconsequence
    Free Member

the dungarees suit him, but i always imagined him to be a little taller

alexxx
    Free Member

just like the page “box gap” on facebook and then your misses can be really upset

joao3v16
    Free Member

The problem with FaceAche is that there are too many odd people who take it all really really seriously, and too many people who seem to spend their time putting stuff up just to get a nice warm feeling when all their ‘friends’ ‘like’ their posts (and get massively offended if they don’t get enough ‘likes’, or certain people don’t comment).

My wife and I have a shared Facebook account. Well, I say ‘shared’. I never use it, and have no interest in it whatsoever. I just talk to my actual real friends by phone and even (unbelievably) face-to-face.

However, looking at what HRHs ‘friends’ put on Facebook, most of it seems to be links to “things I found in the internet that I think are funny/thought-provoking/interesting” (YouTube, pictures with superimposed soundbites etc) that they then expect everyone to ‘like’, thus justifying their humour/music preference/etc … there are very rarely any original thoughts from their own brains, just an endless copy-&-paste exercise.

Oh, and pictures people holding drinks at parties.

No facebook page is complete without many many pictures of people holding drinks at parties.

I suspect Facebook would be ideal viewing for people who suffer from insomnia.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My step son pathologically “likes” everything his OH puts on facebook, even if she’s making thinly veiled digs at him!
    Mind you he is 30 in a couple of weeks. 🙄

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Did she actually post it to “YOUR” wall.

Or did she give it as an update therefore appearing on your feed.

If she posted it to your wall then fair enough, your a fairly harsh bloke who likes to take the p**s she should know that and expect an ironic response.

If she gave it as an update it probably wasnt aimed at you. yes annoying but you just need to block her from your message feed.

In real life if you over heard her talking to your wife/friends you wont immediately take the p**s you’d stay out of the conversion. This is similar.

philconsequence
    Free Member

facebook is only rubbish if you have rubbish friends.

if everyone else seems to be enjoying their interractions with each other and you’re sitting there thinking, what a load of old rubbish… feeling like the odd one out, then chances are you’re the boring friend 😉

anyway, i best go ‘like’ some of deadlydarcy’s dog photos

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps you should message the friend and apologise to her profusely?

dazh

Spam her with unending pictures of your children, dog or status of your favourite sports team.

….and youtube videos of your favourite pop songs.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Someone I know constantly posts pictures of butterflys with some text along the lines of “we are free to fly at birth, remember who you are and blah blah blah”, which translates as “I am…”

1. Mental
    2. Fat
    3. Have issues
    4. All of the above.

just ignore

justinbieber

I think we all have at least one friend like that Papa_Lazarou 😀

footflaps

the dungarees suit him, but i always imagined him to be a little taller

🙂

footflaps

Someone I know constantly posts pictures of butterflys with some text along the lines of “we are free to fly at birth, remember who you are and blah blah blah”, which translates as “I am…”

Also, utter bollocks as we’re incontinent, next to useless and can’t even hold our own necks up at birth, so don’t see many babies flying anywhere soon….

Arch-stanton
    Free Member

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry OP you are in the wrong.

Faceache is no place for a married man full stop

joao3v16
    Free Member

Sometimes STW dissappoints.

Usually by now some odd person has come along and berated us all for being immature and referring to Facebook as ‘Faceache’.

😀

Also, if using Twitter is ‘Tweeting’, what’s the euqivalent for Facebook?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Also, utter bollocks as we’re incontinent, next to useless and can’t even hold our own necks up at birth, so don’t see many babies flying anywhere soon….

Butterflies can’t fly at birth either, they just wiggle along eating plants and avoiding grub-eating birds. They can’t even fly when they emerge from the chrysalis as their wings have to unfold and get their circulation going.

johndoh
    Free Member

I thought they ate chocolate cake, ice-cream, a pickle, Swiss cheese, salami, a lollipop, a cherry pie, a single sausage, a cupcake and a whole slice of watermelon?

Gunz
    Free Member

All interesting comments, thanks for your time. I’ve decided to just not bother with the site anymore.

richmtb

No one should take FB too seriously

For me its a good way for sharing holiday pics and the occasional witticism about current affairs.

In the west of scotland its also the ideal portal for people to spout thin veiled bigotry in the guise of football banter.

Personally just ignore the bits i don’t like

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Facebook etiquette question. Wife very angry.’ is closed to new replies.