Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Facebook account hacked. Anything to worry about?
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Evening all
    Went to log into FB earlier and got told my password was changed 2 hours earlier.
    There’s a pic of some chap who ain’t me, with the option to report as comprimised, which I’ve done. Followed the instructions, security passwords etc, and it’s now locked for 24 hours.
    Do I need to be worried about anything? I dont really use it for anything, apart from an outdoor sales group(never bought/sold anything though),I’ve no friends on there, nor do I ever post anything.

Thanks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Do you use that same password for other accounts ? If so you should assume those have been hacked too, plus of course change those passwords.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Forgotten and little used accounts are what they go for.

Generally used to spam other accounts, to inflate comments/reviews on products or are paid for by people who want thousands of followers.

That and stalkers.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Different password to other things. I just thought I’d check, in case there’s some sort of scam/hack/trick I could fall foul of.

Thanks again.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Other thing is did you fill in personal details including where you live or have lived, full name and date of birth?

Instant ticket to ID fraud if so.

Friending your mother and she’s got her maiden name on there somewhere – bingo.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Mam wont use FB, and none of my personal details on there.

globalti
    Free Member

No wonder membership of farcebook is dropping.

spooky_b329

Any dodgy links etc information requests to friends and family?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Are you sure it was a genuine Facebook log in page that you started with?

robj20
    Free Member

Do people not use two step login?

houndlegs
    Free Member

No links or requests, pretty sure it was genuine site, did’nt use 2 step log in.
    I dont think any harm can be done, but then again I’m not as clever or deviant as some.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Do people not use two step login?

2 Factor verification is a fantastic way of stopping this kind of crap.

This article is a bit old but it does highlight why it helps.

Epic Flaws

DT78
    Free Member

Mine was hacked a month or so ago. Accepted all the random friend requests and invited them to an ugg boot sale….absolutely no idea how they did it as I’ve not logged on or remain logged on for many years. Changed my passwords, nothing else has come from it,

houndlegs
    Free Member

Does FB have 2 step verification? or would I have to use something like this
    https://idprotect.vip.symantec.com/mainmenu.v

houndlegs
    Free Member

Merry Christmas all.
    I’ve now been allowed back onto FB and reset every thing and set up 2 step verification with my phone, but it keeps putting me back into this other fellas account not mine.
    How do I get my original account back?

monkeychild
    Free Member

This is a good website if you are nor clued up on stuff

get safe online

Most secure sites use 2 factor authentication these days. Do it for everything.

Re the FB thing I have no idea!!!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll have a read of that after todays carnage. As for FB, I’ve deactivated the account for the time being.
    Its as if they’ve mixed my account with his, it has all his friends and family pics and chats etc, with all my groups that I belong to.
    I’ll leave it closed and get in touch with FB after the hols.

robj20
    Free Member

Facebook does have two step, you setup a mobile number it then texts you a code, after that you can use the app on your phone for codes, or choose a text if you have no data.

soobalias
    Free Member

what if you would rather not share your mobile number with facebook

Cougar

Share someone else’s.

I wouldn’t worry too much, they probably know it anyway by now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Facebook account hacked. Anything to worry about?’ is closed to new replies.