Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fabric saddles!
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Tell me about them.

Good?

Been riding SDG Bel Airs and WTBs for years – fancy a change.

joefm

I have two scoop saddles. A shallow on the road bike and a radius on my mtb. Radius is for sit up so MTB etc and flat for aero road.

Seem durable and light. I find them comfy ish which is good as there’s relatively little that I do as I have narrow sit bones.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve got various ones on pretty much every bike. Mostly based around the original (Charge) scoop.

Got a couple of the cut away ones on my road bikes. (line?).

Been happy on them all. Fit me well which is why I put them on every bike. Seem durable but not sure how much they’d handle being crashed if that is a risk.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MadPierre

Like jonba I’ve got a few on different bikes including some original charge scoops – so they last well (including crashes!). Comfy for my arse and I like the fact they are not leather and therefore handle the wet well.

duir
    Free Member

2 charge scoops for me (same as fabric) they seem fairly indestructible and comfortable but not Belair comfortable. The rails creaked like mad on the first one and not too much on the second but after a while the creaking seemed to stop and only appears occasionally if I weight the front of the saddle. Very easy to clean which is a big plus.

funkweasel
    Free Member

Yep, Radius and a Shallow (MTB and Road) – Road is kinda more endurance/relaxed geometry and it did feel pretty good for 100+ miles a couple of times/6-8 hours sat in it.

clubby

Didn’t like mine that much TBH, but I’m about the only person in the world that hated Charge Spoons.
    Let me know if you want to try one on the cheap.

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve used either specialized or selle SLRs for years but a fabric came on my synapse so I gave it a go.
    Pretty damn good so I’m trying a few others from their range.
    The line / wide is really nice and the ALM and Ultimates are also very good ( wouldn’t pay full price for one )

kimbers

ive been around the block with charge, sdg, etc

my bum is wtb shaped

fwiw I never got on with the spoon and it didnt last that well for me

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Didn’t like mine that much TBH, but I’m about the only person in the world that hated Charge Spoons.

Wouldn’t mind actually. Do you know the width/saddle style?

(Was that even an option on the Spoon?)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

my bum is wtb shaped

Weirdly disliked the Rocket, but loved the Laser and SST. 😮

Maybe my bum is semi-WTB shaped?

nach
    Free Member

jonba – Member
    Seem durable but not sure how much they’d handle being crashed if that is a risk.

Got a Scoop Radius and it generally takes it well. Cracked the plastic shell a bit in a really fast crash once, but it’s right down near the edge on the lowest part, so not noticeable. Hasn’t started falling apart in the couple of years since, and the fabric has stayed welded to the shell.

Kryton57

How wide is the shallow? I have 143mm sit bones.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

134 or 142mm according to the site (and saddle dependent): http://fabric.cc/saddles/line-142mm-elite/

clubby

It’s a Scoop that I have spare. Not sure the profile, it came on my Plug. Did a few hundred miles on it but not for me. £20 posted if you fancy it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fabric saddles!’ is closed to new replies.