Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fabia 90 or 110?
  • anagallis_arvensis

The 1.2 comes in 90 or 110 bhp forms anyone got any real world views on the two. Its for my mum not me.

allthegear
    Free Member

Are they both the same type of engine? I believe that the 110bhp engine is the 1.2 tsi engine – a good one! Not sure about the other.

Rachel

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have the 110 1.2tsi estate – the monte carlo one. I quite like it, really good round town but not found wanting on a 3 hour M’way trip to the lakes etc.

I get around 45mpg, but it’s mainly the wife driving it short distances.

allthegear
    Free Member

45mpg? That can’t be right? I was getting 40mpg out of my Fabia VRS with the 180bhp 1.4tsi twincharger!

Rachel

tthew

We have the 110 version in a Seat Leon. Nice engine, 45mpg is about right in my experience, around 50mpg on a motorway trip. You can get the same engine in a 90bhp version. I suppose you’d want someone who has owned both variants for a proper view.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve the previous version (105 bhp 1.2 TSI) in a Roomster.

I had doubts about a 105 petrol after a 105 (1.9) TDI before buying but not found them founded (well, other than trying to get up the Lecht from Corgarff, I had to drop into 2nd at the steepest. But it’s a 20% incline, and coming from diesel I’d let the revs drop…).

If anything I think the 105 might verge on a bit too ‘lively’ in the Roomster if you really give it some. For your mum (is she 60-ish/+?), I would have thought the 90 realistically would be enough. Unless she lives for speed…

timc
    Free Member

As its for your Mum, id just get whichever happens to be the best offer / deal available

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

45mpg? That can’t be right? I was getting 40mpg out of my Fabia VRS with the 180bhp 1.4tsi twincharger!

Rachel

Yep.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have an 85hp one and it lacks the last 10% for going up steep hills, overtaking and being a scally. My wife drives it most these days and she is tempted by a remap to 110 and she drives normally. If I hadn’t needed the cheapest insurance possible I would have gone for a 105- the 110 should be nice and usable.

I have a VRS now too and get 40 very rarely!

(if anyone is interested I have some winter tyres and wheels for a Fabia for sale in the classifieds!)

snownrock

We went for the 90hp version of the 1.2tsi. Tested both and didn’t notice much of a difference. Only real thought was that the 6 speed in the 110 would be better for longer journeys than the 5 speed in the 90. But as this was for the wife to go to work only 15 miles a day we went for the cheaper 90 in SE and save the longer journeys for the Octavia diesel.

I think it’s a great little engine, the turbo makes it far punchier and more useable than the 100hp N/A Yaris that it replaced.

irc

For your mum (is she 60-ish/+?), I would have thought the 90 realistically would be enough.

As its for your Mum, id just get whichever happens to be the best offer / deal available

For your mum is the colour not the most important thing?

Actually I’d go for the more powerful engine. Better a bit of power not needed than not enough when it is. My 1.4Tsi Octavia gets mid 40s MPG in normal use. Up to 53mpg on relaxed A road driving. A 1.2Tsi Fabia should get similar.

Are they both 6 speed gearboxes. A thread on Briskoda suggested the 90Hp version had a 5 speed box. 6th gear is useful if your mum does any motorway driving.

birky
    Free Member

New or used? The 1.2 had a timing chain which caused problems or rather the tensioner did. It was changed to a timing belt around 2013.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sounds like new as the mk2 ones were 85 or 105hp.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Slightly off topic, but I sometimes feel there’s a certain similarity between the ‘how much does my bike weigh’ and ‘how many miles per gallon my car gets’ threads.

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds like the 110 is best. Its only 500 quid more apparently

timc
    Free Member

I reckon your mum would value £500 over 20hp myself 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

my Fabia VRS with the 180bhp 1.4tsi twincharger!

coOoo! 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fabia 90 or 110?’ is closed to new replies.