Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)
  • F1 time
  • Harry_the_Spider

Observation so far

1) Sky don’t need a 90 minute run up to the race.

2) Hamilton’s missus looks like she was injection moulded.

I hope things improve quickly or my lad in going to get stroppy and insist on me switching to Peppa Pig.

rOcKeTdOg

inter wet, so should be interesting

rOcKeTdOg

bye bye fernando

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

what a wally 🙂

Pook

new pants for Alonso. And webber.

Bucko

We need another shower.

Hamy in his old pit! Haha

trail_rat
    Free Member

Opted for wtcc for my pre mtb viewing , saves me falling asleep 😉

Eurosport for those who care

Pook

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You’re funny.

Lewis is having a stormer

trout
    Free Member

Ha Ha finger boy says get Mark out the way as not fast enough and now dropping back from him Karma at work

Klunk
    Free Member

come on lewis

dannybgoode

Shame Lewis had to fuel save (and cocked his pitstop up) – he would have been right in there…

Rosberg’s not going to be a happy chappy. Welcome to the status of no. 2 driver!

Cheers

Danny B

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bit of tension in the red bull camp at the moment ! … lewis didnt look too impressed either !!

scotroutes

Webber vs Vettel – think they’ll be going out for a wee drink later?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think they may engage in a bit of ‘handbags’ later!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My moneys on webber for beating the crap out of the little german !! 😀

dannybgoode

I wouldn’t take Webber on in a fight!

Cheers

Danny B

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

webbers well pissed !!!

bawbag
    Free Member

The atmosphere in that dressing room was incredible. Great to watch the two drivers racing but Vettel can’t expect any help from Webber now.

Pook

is multiple21 the fuel setting? Webber said it twice to Vettel

dannybgoode

Trouble is – as Webber intimated, Vettel will face no sanctions whereas he would probably be dropped…

Shows Vettel for what he is though. Rosberg wasn’t happy either but respects the team…

Cheers

Danny B

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

What a sham of a sport, sick of it.

I know we havent been watching the fastest drivers for years but the driver with the biggest backers and it isnt making good TV. Team orders, driver championship and constructors championship is confusing a corrupt picture.

Can you imagine football, rugby, etc being played by the players with the richest backers ? It wouldnt happen.

dannybgoode

But for example it does happen in cycling. Froome could well have won the TdF last year. He had Wiggins completely on one of the climbs but was told to come back and help the team leader.

F1 is a team sport – the constructors is far more important to the teams as that’s where the money is. They get awarded the prize money on the constructors positions not the drivers…

Cheers

Danny B

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

what’s the point in racing if you don’t race? Webber has been a cry baby throughout his career. He’s just a poor loser, he will never be able to beat vettel without assistance.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Vettel is a lying shyster with selective deafness. Another arrogant German who won’t play by the rules. Weber had a right to be pi$$ed.

Edit Vettel is the cry baby how many times as he thrown a strop when beaten he’s known that.

mactheknife

TheFunkyMonkey – Member

what’s the point in racing if you don’t race? Webber has been a cry baby throughout his career. He’s just a poor loser, he will never be able to beat vettel without assistance.

Webber was told to turn the engine down to make sure he got to the end in one piece. Vettel took advantage and pounced. Its not a case of pure racing, Nico Rosberg played the game for Merc, shame that Vettel does not play by the same rules.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Rosberg should have been let past, that situation benefits nobody. both drivers get pissed off and the team doesn’t gain anything

mactheknife

This type of race does show just how much internal politics come into play. As much as i absolutely love F1 it is not just about pure out and out racing, its about strategy and tactics.

mashiehood
    Free Member

happens in every team sport and has been the case in formula 1 since i can remember
    however, what seb did today was similar to what senna did to prost in imola 1989

Junkyard
    Free Member

But for example it does happen in cycling. Froome could well have won the TdF last year. He had Wiggins completely on one of the climbs but was told to come back and help the team leader.

they are not the same as no one would win a tour without a team but loosing a team mate in F1 makes no difference at all – its highly debatable if Froome would have won but everyone knows he is the stronger climber

as for vettel you either have team orders or you dont its pointless to ignore them then be glorious then suddenly back track.

Webber was restrained but you said what he had to well – he ignored orders but will be protected was a class line that said it all

Will be interesting to see if he takes him out at some later stage in a race.

Hadge
    Free Member

So Vettel has now apologised – says it all really but it won’t change the result. When will people realise F1 is a TEAM event too, not just for the driver. Have we forgotten in the past when one driver has actually given up his car so another driver could win a race? Yes it happened many many years ago and so it’s always been a part of the sport.
    I believe both teams, Red Bull and Mercedes did the right thing and ask their drivers to hold station, as much as we don’t like it. But unfortunately Seb decided his need was greater. Went down in my estimation I’m afraid today.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if he takes him out at some later stage in a race.

Not just me thinking that, then 😉
    Awaits it ‘coming down to the wire’ for the championship – a couple of points in it, final race.
    Vettel pushing for the win = the championship. Webber gives him a ‘little tap’ in the closing lap of the race…
    <wakes up, face down in cornflakes>
    🙂

scotroutes

Red Bull will be made up that they achieved maximum points so any “sanctions” against Vettel will be tempered (and what can they realistically be?). Webber should have just parked the car up once he was passed.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Red Bull will be made up that they achieved maximum points publicity

There’s no such thing as bad publicity 😉

motivforz
    Free Member

Not a sporting win for Vettel. Quite a spectacle though to see two teams facing similar scenarios.

Rosberg shouldn’t have been let past. Letting past would have included a change in strategy and increasing risk for no team gain. Didn’t piss of Hamilton certainly, so it’s not a lose all situation! Hopefully Rosberg would see that, and Brawn showed excellent skills in managing it.

Vettel and Webber should have taken the same strategy of trying to support each other to get to the finish line and consolidate the points.

If they wanted a proper race, RB should have said both drivers: limited engine, kers etc maps, race on but be gentlemen and respect each other. That way nursing the cars to the end but allowing racing. Vettel unscrupulously took advantage whilst on multi 21 (code for hold position), not really sporting in my book, and as said above, gone down in my estimation.

Kryton57

Although wiggo trounced him on the TT’s.

I may be mistaken but I thought they could alter the cars mapping remotely from the pits – if so why didn’t they just turn down Vettel?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

All I’ll say is that there was no need for aircon in the waiting room before the podium and the Champers on the podium was warm by the looks of the faces pulled

Junkyard
    Free Member

I thought they could alter the cars mapping remotely from the pits – if so why didn’t they just turn down Vettel?

I assume the driver can override this so perhaps they did?

mashiehood
    Free Member

i think its against the rules to control the mapping from the pit wall (i think!) good race

Harry_the_Spider

Just seen the post race interview. Not good from Vettel.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I may be mistaken but I thought they could alter the cars mapping remotely from the pits – if so why didn’t they just turn down Vettel?

Two way telemetry has been banned for a few years, they can now only retrieve data from the cars, not send data to it as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘F1 time’ is closed to new replies.