• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

I think LH and Alonso could work better than people think.
    They both respect each other a lot, and provided merc satisfy both were treated equally (ok maybe easier said than done) then they should just slog it out. Would be great to see FA back in a car his talent deserves.

I think a lot of FA’s beef with LH in 2007 was to do with Ron, who we now is…..sometimes difficult.

aracer
    Free Member

You what? So all the team managers are Hamilton fanbois? Anybody who isn’t blind can see clearly that Hamilton would only have required an engine to get him to the end of the Malaysian GP to be champion.

PS I’m a Button fan

Pook

Alonso has got to be thinking “I didn’t make the best move when I kicked off at McLaren” too.

nickc

I think LH and Alonso could work better than people think.

yep, I agree, they’ve both admitted that the events of ’07 weren’t their finest moments.

the-muffin-man

2017 F1 car mock-ups – they look like an elephant has sat on them – but in a good way!…

https://www.behance.net/gallery/46069095/f1-2017-Mockup

bruneep

aracer
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure whether to apply until I got to the end, but the subsidised restaurant has convinced me.

Anyway, what are we making of Toto suggesting they’re going to make a “brave decision”? http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/10686368/mercedes-ready-to-make-brave-decision-on-nico-rosbergs-replacement-says-toto-wolff

Sounds awfully like Alonso to me…

nickc

Even if the relationship between them is better now, If I was Alonso I still wouldn’t go to Mercedes. It’s Hamilton’s team, the car’s been developed around him, and Alonso knows full well how Hamilton can and will seek to control that, he’ll spend a year being the team’s second driver as he catches up, and then the next few in physiological warfare with Lewis. The engine regs change for this season, and amongst all the Rosberg/Hamilton media scrum, in the race, almost unnoticed, the fastest car?

McLaren.

hora
    Free Member

Brave decision – start backing Lewis?

I hope Lewis quits. Self respect.

pondo

“Brave decision”? Maybe Niki’s going to make a third comeback.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s Pastor…

Twodogs

I’d be amazed (and happy) if they don’t pick Werlein. Wolff allegedly dropped a big hint yesterday that it would be Werlein not Bottas.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Brave decision is Werhlein / Alonso. If Alonso did leave McLaren who would fill the second seat of Button didn’t want the drive? Would Werhlein / Bottas take a 1 year deal in the similar vein to Magnussen in the Renault contract talks? I guess yes but you would always be looking over your shoulder as Vettel / Alonso contracts would be up in 2018

the-muffin-man

Have you done the BBC Poll – her are mine…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38084694

the-muffin-man

It won’t be Alonso.

He’s not the future for Mercedes – too old now.

Moe

Brave decision? ………. Well, If Rossi is up for it, the PR would be hoooooge! ……… then again it’d most likely be another Ducati story!

hora
    Free Member

I’m going with Mick Schumacher going into the works F1 team not the juniors.

A bold but risky follow of Max

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Better off with Werhlein , at least he has driven an F1 car. I ‘m not sure Mick has a super license to race F1 as they changed the rules such that no one can follow in the footsteps of Max. The requirements of being a a champion in one of the lower recognised series and also scoring points and having some F1 mileage. Not all three but you get the gist

Moe

no one can follow in the footsteps of Max

Mercedes clout, Schumacher name …… I’m reckon if the right people wanted it to happen, it would.

hora
    Free Member

It could happen. New owners of F1, potential increase in audience interest. Go to the FIA with a case for a super licence.

jimmy748

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

I didn’t even know that Mick Schumacher was evebn a contender! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Well I put 2+2 together then threw caution to the wind. I’m going with Mick.

Twodogs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38282791

So it sounds like if Merc up the offer it’ll be Bottas. Would be interesting to see if he really is as good as people say…always seems a bit meh to me

hora
    Free Member

^thats a BBC news story so I’d disregard a online BBC news piece

Twodogs

James Allen has been touting this option too

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

BBC usually get it right.. expect Lowe and Werlein to Williams, Allison and Bottas to Merc. Williams waiting for the second offer. Expect the news story to appear on the Sky f1 site in a couple of hours.

Daily star reporting Mick to join the Merc Jnrs cant see any other reports of him in the frame for the F1 seat, highly unlikely I reckon unless the answer is 4

Twodogs

Doesn’t seem like a sensible choice for Williams…they end up with one (very rich) rookie and one who’s done a season in a slow car and is known to be “difficult”…..are they really that hard up?

shermer75
    Free Member

It’ll be good to see James Allison back in the paddock 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member
    dooosuk
    Free Member

What’s the deal with Lowe? Can’t see why’d he’d want to move and can’t see why Merc would want rid. I must be missing something.

aracer
    Free Member

A new challenge for him? I think that’s a lot of what it’s about for those sort of guys at that level. I don’t think Merc do want to lose him, but if he wants to go there’s nothing they can do to stop him.

the-muffin-man

What’s the deal with Lowe?

Perhaps he hopes people will listen to him! 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

I had made the assumption that Williams had offered him more influence within the team- it’s pretty crowded at the top at Mercedes! 🙂

thepurist

The usually reliable Joe Saward reckons Bottas is tied to Williams as part of Stroll being installed there, something to do with setting up the car as Stroll wouldn’t have any experience of that. So to wiggle Bottas to Merc they’d need to also fill the Williams gap with someone more experienced than Wehrlein, and if that person was available why wouldn’t merc take them and avoid the hassle?

Joe is adding substance to the lowe story though.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m actually really excited about Paddy Lowe rejoining Williams, I think it may mean that they start moving back up the grid again. I’d love to see a resurgent, dominant Williams team! It’s been far too long! 🙂

boltonjon

Getting Button into that 2nd Mercedes seat must be the best way forward!! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Getting Button into that 2nd Mercedes seat must be the best way forward!!

Quite! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.