• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • zokes
    Free Member

Got to feel sorry for Alonso. He really must be the unluckiest driver out there. The one course his car is good for, in conditions he excels in, and he gets walloped by a three-wheeled Ferrari

milky1980
    Free Member

And Kvyat forgets how to drive as soon as he’s in free space 😆

the-muffin-man

…has he signed that contract for next year yet!? 😀

aracer
    Free Member

and the only reason he was there to get walloped is because he was so good on the start

hols2
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!!!

for a potentially interesting season becoming dull as dishwater again?

the-muffin-man

for a potentially interesting season becoming dull as dishwater again?

If it was anyone but Vettel in the battle I’d agree. But I just can’t stand him.

And even if the Championship fizzles out a bit it doesn’t mean there won’t be good races.

milky1980
    Free Member

Seeing as the start incident is under investigation afterwards what’s the possibility of Vettel getting a penalty?

bruneep

forzafkawi
    Free Member

WTF is going on with this perpetual safety car? Whatever happened to the vitual safety car?

How much time is Hamilton going to lose in total? This is total BS not racing.

the-muffin-man

According to SkyF1 Ferrari have said that Max was to blame for the accident!!! 😯

milky1980
    Free Member

Ferrari tweeting it was Verstappen’s fault but they’re all up to the stewards, maybe the Help button is broken 😉

aracer
    Free Member

milky1980
    Free Member

I thing Singapore has more firepower in that fireworks display than South Korea 😀

legend
    Free Member

And even if the Championship fizzles out a bit it doesn’t mean there won’t be good races.

bookies with give good odds against a good race happening

thepurist

Dunno if the titles over yet. Lewis hasn’t had a dnf this year, how often does anyone get through a season at the sharp end without one?

hols2
    Free Member

Lewis hasn’t had a dnf this year,

Which means that his car is reliable and he’s driving well. Which means that he is less likely to have a DNF than others. Ferrari are now in a position where they have to take risks, so they have more chance of DNFs than Merc, who can afford to cruise and give away minor points to avoid taking risks.

igm

Pity. I’d rather see Vettel, who comes across as quite likeable, than Hamilton, who doesn’t, win it.

Both good drivers though. No one could say this year that they were poor drivers in a car that they couldn’t lose in.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Having met Hamilton in person earlier this year I have to say the media portrays him in a very negative light. He was really approachable and took time to chat about the forthcoming season. I have to say I really didn’t think much of him up until then and it totally changed my opinion of him.

aracer
    Free Member

igm

Nope. Based on interviews, never met either of them, just find Vettel more likeable.

slowoldman

Well that ruined a potentially great race.

Solo
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Well that changed the WC in about 5 seconds – and it was all Vettel’s own fault

Yup!
    Watched the start on YT and Vettel trying to put a move on a better starting Red Bull, precipitated results which would not please Ferrari.
    Sometimes I wonder what’s happening inside the helmet of car 5. Esp in light of Baku.
    Seems to me, that being a great requires at times that the driver arrests the red mist so as see the larger picture.
    in that regard LH seems to be a better racer than SV.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Adjudged racing incident and no further action to be taken. No surprise there then. I’m sure Vettel could get away with carrying a gun in future and shooting out rivals’ tyres – as long as he is driving for Ferrari that is.

I would oh so love to see Bottas overtake Vettel in the World Championship because he’s a smug git who thinks he can get away with anything.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ferrari, after taking a bit of heat on twitter are saying that they’re first tweet was “a factual description of events, no need to speculate on this”

Arrogant cretins.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh yeah good point – another data point for why people dislike Vettel.

To be fair, that’s probably the correct decision. Because drivers do cut across like that on the start all the time and get away with it. Not that it wasn’t a really stupid thing to do, but there’s an argument that he’s already got his punishment.

I have to admit I did think at the time he should have been penalised for causing an accident, but the silence from the commentators (who all know much more about it than I do) on that issue was telling.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’ve seen a team mess up quite as badly on social media by refusing to accept their driver’s* blame like this.

* note the placement of the apostrophe – driver singular

forzafkawi
    Free Member

To be fair, that’s probably the correct decision. Because drivers do cut across like that on the start all the time and get away with it. Not that it wasn’t a really stupid thing to do, but there’s an argument that he’s already got his punishment.

I have to admit I did think at the time he should have been penalised for causing an accident, but the silence from the commentators (who all know much more about it than I do) on that issue was telling.

I don’t accept that. If he had caused that crash and got away with it would he have been punished then? If so, the crime is the same, just the outcome is different.

We’ve seen plenty of “racing incidents” result in time and drive through penalties in the last few years. I don’t see this as any different.

The fact is, to punish Vettel effectively would harm the World Championship race even further and they can’t risk that can they?

sobriety
    Free Member

There was an article by Darren Heath, the F1 photographer, a few weeks backs basically calling Ferrari a nasty team with an attitude problem. Looks like he wasn’t wrong.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ferrari tweeting it was Verstappen’s fault but they’re all up to the stewards, maybe the Help button is broken

Max doesn’t even get to turn the steering wheel for the whole race and ends up in a ferrari sandwich 🙂

Pook

Where’s that Darren heath blog sobriety? My Google Fu is letting me down

Kryton57

Pity. I’d rather see Vettel, who comes across as quite likeable, than Hamilton, who doesn’t, win it.

Most rosiest tinted glasses ever.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Ditto

nickc

Sometimes I wonder what’s happening inside the helmet of car 5.

TBH, he probably didn’t realise that Raikkonen was steaming up the inside.

atlaz
    Free Member

TBH, he probably didn’t realise that Raikkonen was steaming up the inside.

You might have thought he’d have considered the possibility of more than one car to his left though. Given he has at least a little experience with racing cars.

theocb
    Free Member

Sebs move was dangerous in the circumstances. Wet conditions and he knows he’s gottaway slowly. Punishment would have been harsh though because the start is generally considered a free-for-all

the-muffin-man

The Darren Heath blog from Baku race…

https://www.darrenheath.com/blog/disgracing-themselves

john

Darren Heath blog, I think.

Fair to say he’s not a fan:

Ferrari really are a horrible team right now. Dismissive of interest, completely devoid of any grace, charm or humility, they exude an aggressive arrogance that is bitter in its mien and wholly unpleasant to experience.

hols2
    Free Member

Hamilton often seems childish, but at his best, he seems like quite a nice, genuine guy. Vettel seems like an arrogant, spoiled prick. After the road rage incident, I just don’t see how people could find Vettel likable. I think both are exceptionally good drivers, Vettel deserves to be a multiple champion, but Hamilton has had some extremely good teammates and beat them fair and square. It will always be a question mark over Vettel that he’s never had to fight the same quality of teammates without the team giving him favored status. Ricciardo handed him his arse and Vettel moved on pretty quickly once he realized he was no longer the favored one. Plus, Ferrari as a team seem to be back to acting like pricks, so I’d be happy to see anybody win except Vettel.

nickc

Given he has at least a little experience with racing cars.

Fair enough, then by the same token Riakkonen shares some blame as he must have realised Vettal would likely want to force Verstappen to brake hard into the first corner, and cutting off his line of retreat would likely cause an accident as he has “a little bit of experience” also.

Agree that this reveals arrogant driving by the Ferrari team

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.