• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • chrismac

Agree it was a good race. I thought Vetel was a bit lucky that Occon took to the off track area during the battle or it could have easily ended in tears.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just reading about Kubica’s test, it passed me by last week. I think he surprised a lot of people, I know he has a lot of good will in F1 but even still I doubt Renualt F1 would have given him an F1 for the day for old times sake.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a 3rd driver for them next year, if only to see if he’s got a season in him. Given the engineering and design genius in F1 I’m sure they could modify the car to over come his injury if he can still do the biz.

nemesis
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Renault this year I’d Palmer doesn’t pull his finger out. Given he’s scoring no points while Hulk is, there’s no real risk in putting Kubica in the car for a race…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Especially now Monaco has passed. Thee are doubts he has the range of movement to get around the Loews hairpin.

parkesie
    Free Member

Vettel complaing that Alonso appears to be taking a bus tour of Baku 😆

thepurist

Monisha’s gone

Wonder if they’ll sign 3 people to replace her?

retro83
    Free Member

Anyone just hear the Jolyon BBC interview that was just on R5 live? 😆

thepurist

Anyone just hear the Jolyon BBC interview that was just on R5 live?

No, did he say what plans he’s got for the rest of the year? 😀

retro83
    Free Member
    retro83
    Free Member

Ha, and over a second behind his team mate in that session. Wonder if that’s the reporters fault too? 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

I do feel a bit sorry for Palmer, he’s under a great deal of pressure and it’s pulled him into a vicious cycle of poor performances. He can’t be in a terribly good place right now.

the-muffin-man

All F1 drivers are under pressure – some cope, some don’t.

Palmer doesn’t seem to have the speed either – he’s not really a rookie anymore and had to have 4 goes at GP2 to win the title.

retro83
    Free Member

Oops, and Joly’s just binned it,

wonder if it’s too late to get Kubica in for the race 🙂

hols2
    Free Member

wonder if it’s too late to get Kubica in for the race

Alonso may be looking for something to drive.

retro83
    Free Member

Mclaren losing 3 seconds on the straight 😯

retro83
    Free Member

VER just binned it at turn 1, sounds like gearbox is done for

PJM1974
    Free Member

Alonso is a very respectable 12th place. You can’t help but wonder just how quick he’d be without a lawnmower engine behind him, farting it’s way around the circuit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ah, just seen that Alonso’s engine farted it’s last and died again.

dragon
    Free Member

Palmer can moan all he wants but he is simply crap; slow, crashes a lot and bad at PR. Little better than his dad.

thepurist

Dragon – glad I’m not alone in thinking he’s keeping the family legacy going.

I see the McHonda relationship goes from bad to worse. I was once a believer that it was only a matter of time until Honda got it sorted and delivered a Merc beater, but that’s long gone now.

Also seems that Liberty are stuck with Sky until 2025, so I really hope there’s another way to watch races otherwise F1 is going to struggle even more in the UK.

dragon
    Free Member

🙂

retro83
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    Ah, just seen that Alonso’s engine farted it’s last and died again.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Boulier said it was actually a gearbox failure. Looked like an engine failure but I guess it could have been gearbox oil leaking on something hot.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looks like Baku is delivering the same as last year in the support races…. 😯

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got relatively high hopes. Last year’s race had potential for some decent racing, but ended up a procession, whether it’s a wider cars or what, but they’re all struggling to stay on the track, could make for some mistakes under pressure and some overtakes!

Slow clap for Jolyon, not convinced he’ll still be employed for the race!

Klunk
    Free Member

Lewis playing silly buggers in practise. 😀

Twodogs

I would imagine Renault will blame Jolyon for the car catching fire….after all, Hulkenberg’s didn’t 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Good quali from stroll

the-muffin-man

Hamilton 1.2 seconds faster than Vettel – that’s going to smart a bit. Especially as Merc where nowhere near on Friday.

Klunk
    Free Member

Hamilton 1.2 seconds faster than Vettel – that’s going to smart a bit.

old engine with some miles on it so I guess they don’t want to stress it too much so it can make the race distance.

Klunk
    Free Member

It’s odd that they rag the tyres in q2 the mercs easily made q3 but insisted on taking life out of the tyres they would be starting on 😕

igm

Klunk – Member

Hamilton 1.2 seconds faster than Vettel – that’s going to smart a bit.

old engine with some miles on it so I guess they don’t want to stress it too much so it can make the race distance.[/quote]

The C4 guys suggested there had been an engine change for Vettel prior to qualifying (not sure exactly when) and perhaps that he hadn’t had a chance to reassess the aero/suspension settings with the new engine? (theoretically identical I know)

aracer
    Free Member

It’s apparently not only an old engine, but also an older spec engine, so less power even if they hadn’t turned it down.

Klunk
    Free Member

that Baku circuit must put a lot of strain on the engines, long high speed sections to get the engines all hot and bothered followed by very slow sections with little cooling.

igm

All is now clear.

Vettel, who starts the race 12 points ahead of Hamilton in the championship, salvaged a decent position in fourth after a difficult day.

He lost most of final practice because of a hydraulics problem and Ferrari had to do a last-minute engine change before qualifying.

Ferrari fitted an old-specification engine, the first one he used this season, which has less power than the newer engine he was meant to use, and Vettel was never close to the Mercedes pace.

hols2
    Free Member

Oh, this is exciting. Safety car out, safety car back in. No, it’s out again. Back in, no out again.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Vettel getting so punchy!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking fascinating for what I thought was going to be a procession.

nickewen
    Free Member

As above – was expecting this to be a boring one.. Can’t believe Vettel just drove into Hamilton like that! Gotta be a nailed on penalty for Vettel?!

Twodogs

Got to be

thepurist

Probably just a reprimand I reckon. The big question is whether alonso will get a point….

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.