• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • the-muffin-man

Live Indycar practice for anyone who’s interested…

bigdaddy

Good shout, cheers for the link

the-muffin-man

I’m not sure if Alonso is running today or not.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdaddy

Well, that’s the dullest motorsport session ever! Hardly any commentary and 1 car at a time doing a couple of laps….

bigdaddy

Ooh, I’ve stuck it out and fernando is out there… feels like one of our own Stick it to em fernando!

slowoldman

Crikey those Indy cars are ugly. Here are a couple of proper ones:

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cracking race. Would have loved to see Kimi and Bottas in the mix too.

Not sure I like it all friendly at the top, I used to love the awkwardness between Hamilton and Rosberg in the post race press conferences. I need someone to booooo again.

Although I’ll be doing that if Vettel keeps doing his pointy finger routine.

legend
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Crikey those Indy cars are ugly. Here are a couple of proper ones:

Safety rules badly uglyfied them. Seems odd that the Americans would let it happen

shermer75
    Free Member

Not sure I like it all friendly at the top

It’s unlikely to last! 🙂

the-muffin-man

Next years aerokit should make them look a lot better…

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/q-a-with-team-owner-sam-schmidt-on-2018-indycar-888527/

So what’s the cheapest way to get BT Sport to watch the Indy 500!?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Go to a pub with BT.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Just realised that I’m top of the starting fantasy league. Boom!

the-muffin-man

Go to a pub with BT.

In a pub for 3 to 4 hours on my own* – I’ll be pissed, bored and grumpy by the end of it! 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d be Dopey, Sneezy and Bashful

the-muffin-man

The TV aerials are getting bigger!…

igm

That’s not TV. It’s DAB. They’re all listening to Planet Rock.

slowoldman

Reception is a bit dodgy in built up areas like Monaco.

igm

Actually in Monaco they’ll be tuned to the traffic reports.

thepurist

Actually in Monaco they’ll be tuned to the traffic reports.

“reports coming in of a broken down car in the tunnel, eyewitness say a fair haired English man was seen running away from his orange car while laughing hysterically ”

PJM1974
    Free Member

“reports coming in of a broken down car in the tunnel, eyewitness say a fair haired English man was seen running away from his orange car while laughing hysterically ”

Hahahahaha!

I’m reasonably confident that if JB did seventy laps of Monaco on his triathlon bike, he’d finish in a higher position than he would in that McLaren.

[edit]

seventy twenty.

the-muffin-man

Not going to get much better for McLaren – copied from SkyF1 site…

Are McLaren-Honda’s woes this season set to continue? Well according to Sky F1’s Martin Brundle, Honda’s big engine upgrade has been cancelled as it’s reliability has not improved.

The Woking-based team are the only team yet to score a point this season and have been severely handicapped by the unreliability and lack of power in the Honda power unit.

Already this season, Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne have recorded did not starts while Alonso has finished only one race, last time out in Spain, and Vandoorne has already taken grid penalties for exceeding the four penalty-free changes on parts of the power unit.

Honda had said they were hoping to have an upgraded engine by the middle of the season, with next month’s Canadian GP reported as a possible target, but Brundle claims that is now not happening.

“I head yesterday that the big upgrade that Honda had coming is not working and has been cancelled,” Brundle said after Practice One for the Monaco GP.

retro83
    Free Member

FFS Honda!

Unrelated but I saw that the teams are modifying the jack point as a result of the Billy Monger crash. Wonder if that’ll present any issues on race day?

retro83
    Free Member

Has that been taken off Sky’s site t-m-m ? Can’t see it

nickc

Great for Button this weekend what ever happens really. Paid to drive a car at the best F1 location, no-one expects anything of you at all, so even bringing the car home means you look like a hero.

Wave to the crowd, collect paycheck. 😆

the-muffin-man
    retro83
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member
    It’s in the Gossip column retro83…

http://www.skysports.com/f1/live-blog/30104/10034948/f1-gossip-column

thanks

chrismac

Great for Button this weekend what ever happens really. Paid to drive a car at the best F1 location, no-one expects anything of you at all, so even bringing the car home means you look like a hero.

Wave to the crowd, collect paycheck.

Getting beaten by his team mate would be embarrassing given how good a driver he thinks he is

the-muffin-man

Stroll has crashed! 😀

retro83
    Free Member

ffs 😆

retro83
    Free Member

“People still drive like ****s, nothing’s changed”

-Button

PJM1974
    Free Member

Lance Stroll is the new Pastor Maldonado, except that at eighteen, he’s got years of stuffing his car into things ahead of him.

I’m willing to bet that Stroll’s Monaco outing will only last sufficiently long for him to say “Vroooom! Cack!” when the lights go green on Sunday.

retro83
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    Lance Stroll is the new Pastor Maldonado, except that at eighteen, he’s got years of stuffing his car into things ahead of him.

Except for one thing – Maldonado was quick!

shermer75
    Free Member

Stroll and Palmer’s efforts are so poor that I’ve ended up swapping them for Wehrlein on my fantasy team- even though it’s a Sauber using one of last years engines lol

PJM1974
    Free Member

Every year there’s always one driver who earns every penny for their sponsors because they invariably throw it into something. We’ve had such illustrious names as De Cesaris, Martini, Diniz, Inoue, Schumacher (Ralf) etc.

Stroll is in stratospheric company here, given that his father bought him a team plus highly respected engineer to get him through F2, I suspect that if Stroll’s sponsors can be persuaded to add their logos upside down on the car then Williams will be quids in.

nickc

Getting beaten by his team mate would be embarrassing given how good a driver he thinks he is

well, he’s not driven the car before and Stoffel is what, 0.035secs and one place ahead of him after one practice session. It’s not looking good for SV is it? 😆

and if I was an ex-FI champ, I think I’d be bold enough to call myself a “good” driver, wouldn’t you?

bamboo
    Free Member

I think JB must have shunned chrismac’s advances in the past, as he only ever pops up on the f1 threads to slag JB off

shermer75
    Free Member

If you are in any doubt about how competent a driver JB is then it is worth taking a look at his record against Hamilton when they were team mates at McLaren, it is very impressive! 🙂

igm

JB is presumably doing a rain dance for the weekend.

retro83
    Free Member

I was looking at JB’s tyre selection, is there any chance he could do a 1 stop or is the deg too high?

jamesy01
    Free Member

I was looking at JB’s tyre selection, is there any chance he could do a 1 stop or is the deg too high?

Its Monaco…everyone does a one stop with long first stint unless unforeseen circumstances dictate otherwise.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.