• This topic has 2,563 replies, 197 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,564 total)
  • F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Button will pick up where Alonso leaves off in terms of power units, according to radio 5

Yes, this is the case. Also confirmed by JAonF1 and Channel 4

the-muffin-man

Top 4 separated by half a second in final practice – qually should be good! Merc need to top up those oil tanks! 😉

I would love to see Kimi grab a race win this year.

And Red Bull only a teeny bit faster than a retired bloke in a Williams (and 1.5s off the pace at the front) – Mr. Newey is losing his touch it seems.

legend
    Free Member

Power track innit? Impressed that Red Bull are as high as they are tbh, says a lot for the handling

dragon
    Free Member

Another poor drive by Palmer, bad mistake to make that.

shermer75
    Free Member

Shocker!! 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice work from Massa too. Stroll needs to step up a little! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Another poor drive by Palmer, bad mistake to make that.

Palmer’s a funny one, he really seemed to have the whole F1 one thing sorted by the end of the last season, but he’s started this one very poorly. He’s in my team too!! Pull it together JP! 🙂

the-muffin-man

Boom – game on!

It’s going to be interesting watching Lewis implode this season. Nico was a known quantity – he can do nothing about Vettel. And if Bottas out qualifies him on a regular basis that will really get to him.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s going to be interesting watching Lewis implode this season.

I think it’s already started! His penultimate flying lap was a total mess. Bailed out of a lot free practice laps too. I think we’re definitely going to see some Hamtrums this weekend 😉

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Yeah I can see a few let me pass orders to keep him Ham happy. Ham not at the races today but should make a bit of progress when Bottas’ tyres go off. That is if Verstappen doesnt have a torpedo moment.

simondbarnes

Sauber have finally announced a Honda deal for next year. Wonder if they’ll be the only team using them?

legend
    Free Member

The same Sauber that (kinda) brought Mercedes into modern F1, maybe they’ll do a better job of it 😉

simondbarnes

Alonso not even finishing the warm-up lap.

shermer75
    Free Member

Sauber have finally announced a Honda deal for next year.Wonder if they’ll be the only team using them?

Eddie Jordan is absolutely certain that this will be the case (for whatever that is worth!)

the-muffin-man

JP out Alonso in for Spain!!??? 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

JP out Alonso in for Spain!!???

I wouldn’t surprised!! 🙂

the-muffin-man

Is everyone awake after a Sunday afternoon snooze!?

Bit of excitement at the end but generally a but meh.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, no change in order from the first corner onwards is a bit dull. Good to see Bottas take the win though!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

How have they managed to make F1 even more boring?

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, I don’t think there was a single on track overtake all race was there? Even among the back markers.

Thought Vettel was really going to Bring the pressure, but he seemed to get from 5 secs back to 1.5 secs back in 5 laps, and then spend 10 laps only clawing back another 0.5 secs. Perhaps symptomatic of those cars really being tough to follow.

hols2
    Free Member

How have they managed to make F1 even more boring?

They revised the rules to suit the team that made Sebastian Vettel a four times champ.

nemesis
    Free Member

As always,excellent insight into the race that you don’t find in most write ups

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/reports/f1/2017-russian-grand-prix-report

dragon
    Free Member

Awful race, the overheating engines turned it from a Grand Prix into something more like a 24 hour endurance event.

That McLaren is still sh**t. How can Honda be so incapable of making a remotely competitive (or even working) engine.

richmars

nemesis,
    Thanks for the link, great report. All down to a wrong weather forecast (partly!)

nemesis
    Free Member

Exactly. A lot more to it than what you see on the face of it

retro83
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s a done deal with Sauber using Honda engines and McLaren gearboxes next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129258

In the FantasyF1 league, well done to Merchant Banker moving up 5 places into the lead.
    Second place is SvladCjelli.
    And bronze for Shermer75.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

This is only the second race I’ve watched this year and I caught myself wondering why I was bothering. I know Sochi’s not a great track and other races should be better so I’m not quite done with it yet, but there need to be some more interesting races sooner rather than later.

the-muffin-man

Sounds like it’s a done deal with Sauber using Honda engines and McLaren gearboxes next year.

This sort of confirms McLaren are sticking with Honda too for 2018. I can’t see them building 2 designs of gearbox, one for Honda and one for a Merc engine.

richmtb

As always,excellent insight into the race that you don’t find in most write ups

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/reports/f1/2017-russian-grand-prix-report

That was actually more interesting than the race. Still fair play to Bottas

retro83
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member
    This sort of confirms McLaren are sticking with Honda too for 2018. I can’t see them building 2 designs of gearbox, one for Honda and one for a Merc engine.

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Unless Mclaren suddenly for some reason have a load of Honda compatible gearboxes they have no use for 😛

nickewen
    Free Member

I’m with you on that one MrSalmon. I’m losing patience with it as well. I’m paying a chunk of money every month to have SkySports and I think I’m just going to cancel it.

The lack of overtaking is making the races extremely boring. I know some tracks lend themselves more to being able to overtake but still.. The amount of aero dripping off every conceivable surface of the car is crazy.

I think I’m going to start following the superbikes to get my motorsport fix!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The lack of overtaking is making the races extremely boring.

Some of the camera work doesn’t help either. There was one frequent shot of them turning on to the straight, presumably shot from the far end, and at first I wondered if it was slowed down – no sensation of speed at all.

milky1980
    Free Member

The camera angles have always been poor at showing the sensation of speed. They seem to be chosen to show the maximum amount of advertising signage for the maximum amount of time rather than showing the dramatic changes in direction or the cars moving around.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The camera angles have always been poor at showing the sensation of speed. They seem to be chosen to show the maximum amount of advertising signage for the maximum amount of time rather than showing the dramatic changes in direction or the cars moving around

A lot of the time I think they do capture it, Russia seemed particularly poor in that respect though.

the-muffin-man

Live stream of Alono’s Indycar test – if anyone wants a window open while they are working!…

shermer75
    Free Member

Yes, I don’t think there was a single on track overtake all race was there? Even among the back markers.

Only the fourth race in the history of Formula 1 to feature no overtakes after the first lap

Hot sauce

shermer75
    Free Member

Live stream of Alono’s Indycar test – if anyone wants a window open while they are working!…

Does this mean we can watch the race too?

Moe

This is an awesome quote!

Spanish IndyCar driver Oriol Servia says countryman Fernando Alonso’s decision to skip the Monaco GP to race at the Indy 500 is like ‘Bill Gates showing up at the Apple Christmas party instead of his own, because he knows it’s going to be cooler’.

😆

Potdog
    Free Member

Any lurkers heading over to Barcelona for the race this weekend?

retro83
    Free Member

Big update for Mercedes…not sure what’s going on with the nose

[img]https://i.redd.it/q26gpwx9kvwy.jpg[/img]

Craig Scarborough: MASSIVE aero update to the W08. Nearly everything has been updated plus that snow plough nose! from formula1

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,564 total)

The topic ‘F1 2017 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.