Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Yeah, looking forward to a bit of a shake up this season!! 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think Renault will be OK, with regular points finishes. The talk is that last years car was decent, just let down by lack of money to fund development

But they did have the Merc power. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

nickc

Sounds like he’s a quick driver!

he’s in a slow car and team with no money, he will end up last or close to last

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

he’s in a slow car and team with no money

albeit powered by merc engines and with use of the merc wind tunnel. They wont be last this year i reckon.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I still think last place will be sauber.. although I have a soft spot for all the privateer teams.

shermer75
    Free Member

I agree, prob Sauber at the back, which is a shame I was always a bit of a fan! I agree I always prefer it went the privateer teams do well. Seems closer to the original spirit or something…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Manor have a genuine chance of embarassing McHonda this year I reckon.

If they haven’t raised their game massively since last year, the Anthill Mob, Dick Dastardly and the Slate Brothers have a genuine chance of embarrassing McHonda.

thepurist

I’d think we can forget last year’s mchonda, they knew it was beyond hope by mid season and everyone in the know thinks they can easily fix the fundamental problems for this year. It seems Ferrari have gone for some major repackaging of their 2016 pu to allow for variable inlet trumpets, so there may be some fun for them to get that all integrated properly again.

Im hoping Ferrari and merc produce comparable units thus year, and that Honda and Renault aren’t too far behind. I can live in hope for another fortnight anyway…

the-muffin-man

Ferrari engine sounds nice on the bench, hopefully that’ll translate to the track…

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

sound like they have an old metal dustbin as the exhaust, bernie will be happy vroom vroom 🙂

cp

Ferrari engine sounds nice on the bench

Sound like a bag of spanners to me, as all f1 engines sound like at idle

thepurist

Looks like we’re guaranteed one decent f1 sound next year – channel 4 are keeping The Chain.

Klunk
    Free Member

Ferrari engine sounds nice on the bench, hopefully that’ll translate to the track…

not to be outdone mercs claiming an improved noise
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UExqnh-Qjw8[/video]

hora
    Free Member

Sorry I feel dirty and cheap listening to ^^ ..must cleanse the palate.. 8)

[video]https://youtu.be/5SoZiTxdQyw[/video]

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bring them ^^^ Back ….. they sound amazing

hora
    Free Member

Yep! V12 not the scruffy sounding V8’s though

jordie
    Free Member

That V12 sounds great forget all that ERS,Kers and hybrid nonsense….. bring back the noise

thepurist

Stop living in the past, F1 has always been about change. These current pus are powerful, efficient and make a whole range of interesting sounds, in fact gp2 and 3 sound like monotonous whines after hearing f1.

One week today and we’ll have some clues about who got it wrong over the winter, but let me be the first to say ‘it’s only testing ‘

the-muffin-man

Good article from Scarbs on possible effects of 2016 rules…

http://scarbsf1.com/?p=4526

colournoise

With it being half term, I finally had time to finish construction and start testing on my team’s 2016 car.

the-muffin-man

Red Bull livery launch – very much the same, less fussy though, and seems to be all matt now…

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-unveils-revamped-f1-livery-673984/

hora
    Free Member

Less fussy..

Theres fewer sponsors on there

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

looks like they have taken on the designer from STR ..I know they are the same company just in case you didnt see the side pods. Looking forward to a decent innings from STR this year 🙂
    EDIT: thats a 2012 str

shermer75
    Free Member

Looking forward to a decent innings from STR this year

Yep, a 2015 Ferrari engine, a great chassis to build in from last year, and two fantastic drivers. The two Dannys must be giving them some serious side eye…

the-muffin-man

Williams re-launch last years car!… 😀

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/02/19/williams-fw38-first-pictures-revealed/

…Ferrari launch later today – hopefully there will be a little more change on their car (and possibly retro livery).

jamesy01
    Free Member

First of the big guns showing off their 2016 cars.

Williams

As always the Martini livery looks stunning IMO.

Edit…a minute too late 😀

jamesy01
    Free Member

Ferrari launch later today – hopefully there will be a little more change on their car

You can see more of the differences in this shot…

legend
    Free Member

Mercedes are obviously confident about their cooling requirements then!

the-muffin-man

The number of F1 fans on here must be dwindling – I’ve been out all day and no-one has posted a pic of the new Ferrari yet!

thepurist

Looks like we’re converging on a design solution for the current rules. Well, until force India evolve their nostrils and we see the real red bull.

STATO
    Free Member

The Ferrari is awful. The Williams is lovely.

jimster01

Whilst they all look mean and broody atm,we’ll have to wait and see what Monday brings, can’t wait.

Klunk
    Free Member

rosbergs posted a lap in the new merc on twerpper

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

ooeerrr theres been a leak overnight and its not hydraulics 🙂

Mchonda 2016

As usual it looks good but will it have the balance JB wants or the HP to satisfy Alonsos GP2 cravings?
    Also Haas will make an appearance at 2pm.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Have Honda fixed their low powered hand grenade?

the-muffin-man

ooeerrr theres been a leak overnight and its not hydraulics

…their hydraulic leaks start on Monday morning!

holst
    Free Member

Have Honda fixed their low powered hand grenade?

According to rumors, no. According to Honda, yes.

At some point in time, one of Honda’s press releases will turn out to be true, but I wouldn’t put money on this being the one. From what I understand, the internal combustion engine was actually fairly good, the problems were all to do with the turbo being too small and the energy recovery system being underdeveloped. Last year they did get a lot of data, so they will have improved the weak areas drastically. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were comparable to Renault on power, but my guess is it will take them several months to get all the systems working reliably. A high-powered hand grenade, basically. My money’s on Alonso driving a Renault in 2017.

Klunk
    Free Member

comes with fancy vid

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=uOJDROEZ0p8[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

merc seem to have said mleh we beat you with both hands tied behind our backs why change.

while claiming a mini revolution 😯

the-muffin-man

Haas pics released…

…the complete lack of sponsors suggests Ferrari must be chucking them a sizeable wedge or Haas have very deep pockets!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.