Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • Twodogs

all I can say is that you have to (begrudgingly) give Rosberg credit for the win (and the qualifying lap)

retro83
    Free Member

And by ‘like a granny’ you mean driving around an overheating brake issue?

Yes Nico had the same fault but he was in clean air so it was less of an issue.

Hamilton’s only real fault on Sunday I think was the lock-up which allowed Kimi to pass him a couple of corners later.

Kryton57

I think it might have something to do with LH driving like a granny. NR just nailed that one, LH needs to get his s#$% together if he wants to defend his title.

There’s been some interesting quips from Nicole on X Factor, maybe he’s going through some ups & downs with her again. I can’t blame him really.

hora
    Free Member

His head is definitely elsewhere. FFS if it is Nicole, she messed his head up last time. It’s Nico’s title I’m afraid.

thepurist

If it’s Nicole he needs to go drive for Renault. Papa?

Interesting reports that Mr Pringle has been meeting the teams without Bernie

richmars

LH missed a lot of free practice in Singapore, so a possible reason for not being up with NR. Started last at Spa, so not really expected to win. Poor start (he took the blame for this) at Monza otherwise he would have won, so I don’t think it’s over yet.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

the-muffin-man: i remember Willam Toet when he used to campaign his 2.8 turbo Gould single seater in the british hillclimb champs – used to fly back from switzerland to compete when there was a F1 race on.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, this season is lacking something for me too.

It’s starting to look like Rosberg could really win this!!

hora
    Free Member

He’ll win the last six races.

nickewen
    Free Member

Yep pretty dull race. As above, real shame Ricciardo didn’t have a couple more laps. I’ve been a die hard fan the past 5 years or so, watching practice sessions and qually where I can but I’m seriously considering getting sky sports taken out, saving myself some lowy and 3 hours of a Sunday. Properly dull but Monza was worse still!

retro83
    Free Member

Anybody subscribe to GP+? Looks pretty good.

http://www.grandprixplus.com/

milky1980
    Free Member

Have noticed that I don’t have any real drive to make time to watch the races ‘live’* at the moment. Can’t say exactly why but it seems there’s nothing to grab me currently. Even Ricciardo didn’t get me excited at the end, just knew the tyres would drop off and traffic would hamper him. Maybe the knowledge that it’ll all be on Sky-only after next year is playing on my mind. Why invest in something when you’ll have to let it go in the near-future.

* don’t have Sky so C4 live or highlights. Did watch Singapore with my dad, who has Sky F1, but even then we both found it very boring.

bill-oddie
    Free Member

I dunno – I thought that was quite an exciting finish actually. 0.5 second lead at the end and Rosberg’s medium’s were way older. I think one more lap and Ric could have got him or at least in a position to try and pass.

I’m bored of seeing LH win – I think I’d like to see Nico to take the title this year! I definitely think its been a better season than last year where LH had it all sewn up way before the end. The rise of Max V has certainly been good to watch.

thepurist

Pitpass is reporting on comments made by a Liberty media exec.

1 – Increase pay per view coverage
    2 – Bring in more sponsors
    3 – More races (no, not bringing back the classics either)
    4 – Monetise their digital content
    5 – Gambling

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss…

So one vision of F1 2021 is Sky only, highlights only available via your $250/year ‘F1.com subscription, sponsored by Hotels.com’ to watch the 35 race calender for the ‘Barclays F1 Driver of the Year, in association with CocaCola Championship’. Can’t wait.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s been a steady decline for me. Haven’t watched a live race in a couple of years, but for the first half of last season I would always watch the highlights sometime in the following couple of days. Started to let that go in the second half of the season and this year I’ve probably only watched highlights for 3 or 4.
    Strangely though I’m still interested in the ins and outs of it and keep up with the BBC F1 page, it’s just the actual races that I’m losing interest in. What’s up with that?

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like more of the wrong direction all round then.

Q: What has F1 plenty of?
    A: Money

Q: What is F1 running out of?
    A: Viewers

Obvious solution: More paywall! Of course!!!!

boltonjon

I’m with you Mr Salmon – hardly watch the races any more but love the politics and whats going on – way better than the racing!!

Klunk
    Free Member

Looks like more of the wrong direction all round then.

Q: What has F1 plenty of?
    A: Money

Q: What is F1 running out of?
    A: Viewers

Obvious solution: More paywall! Of course!!!!

all these sport look enviously at the money football gets from tv rights and want the same thing. But they don’t have the numbers of fans that football has and the fans they do have don’t have the same money blind loyalty of a football fan.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s no surprise, F1 hasn’t been bought because its new owners love the sport. It’s been bought because it’s an investment opportunity.

Ecclestone et al knew that people would pay to watch, but haven’t grasped the social media potential yet. The new owners will quickly remedy that.

If F1 falls behind a paywall, then I’ll not bother watching it. Even now I only watch the highlights of certain races – Monaco, Spa, Silverstone etc and I couldn’t really give two hoots about the circuits which seem to be designed around the pit facilities and gimmicks. I imagine that the F1 overlords know this and will seek out a different market for people who will be prepared to pay for the new stuff.

shermer75
    Free Member

So qualifying has passed and no posts lol. I just watched it on 4OD. I was secretly hoping that Rosberg stayed back at 6th, because with Hamilton’s recent history of poor starts we might have had an exciting race on our hands! Especially with Red Bull and Ferrari looking so surprisingly close at the front. Oh well, roll on tomorrow, there may be some surprises still! 🙂

thepurist

Oh dear, that’s another race killed then.

Pook

How far up will he get?

Think of the positives nico

thepurist

Wdc for Nico? Or will the stewards look at another example of nicos overtaking talent?

Harry_the_Spider

#groan

scaredypants

what’s that football chant,

Mercedes Benz is terified, Hamilton’s on fire

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

No, no, no!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bother.

Pook

Down to the wire this season I think

thepurist

Looking like a grandstand finish for the bully boys though, as long as they’re allowed to race.

Pook

Excellent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If he did not have bad luck he would have no luck

Its almost like Mercedes have decided to make a race of it by constantly sabotaging his car#tinfoilhat

Pook

I can’t help think that nico is only leading the wdc by default though. A few engine fails his way should even it up again

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Rosberg penalised for spicing up F1.
    “We’ll have none of that racing malarkey going on here, young man!” 👿

mashiehood
    Free Member

You know what – the whole thing will come down to Ab Drab – and probably mechanical failures will decide this one.

Pook

Rosberg penalised for spicing up F1

More penalised for driving like I do on the PlayStation.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

More penalised for driving like I do on the PlayStation.

Kimi wasn’t calling him a dangerous idiot, or at least they didn’t broadcast the little Fins entertaining warblings.

thepurist

It was a clumsy pass, I expect his peers would have made a better job of it. You can’t just barge someone out of the way.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It appears that I’m in agreement with the commentator, it was more of a kiss than a barge and a good hard racing pass that didn’t warrant a penalty. Kimi didn’t complain and I’d like to see some good challenges just like in the good ol’ days.

thepurist

Good Karma payback for ricciardo though, but hope the stewards threaten a race ban for a “shoe-ey”

dragon
    Free Member

Pathetic to give a penalty for Rosbergs pass. It was only a tap that didn’t result in any issues fit either of them. The 10s penalty didn’t help Kimi either so all a bit stupid.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.