Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

It looks like Mercedes have decided Nico should be given the title this year but the other driver hasn’t gotten the memo or has chosen to ignore it.

I’m sure Hamilton’s car will begin suffering from a lack of reliability until the points gap opens back up to a comfortable distance again. 👿

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4uWo5B_9U[/video]

holst
    Free Member

It looks like Mercedes have decided Nico should be given the title this year

If that were the case, I expect they would have given Hamilton the same tyres as Rosberg.

slowoldman

I take it you didn’t read as far as Paddy Lowe’s explanation? LH was on the right tyre.

dragon
    Free Member

If Rosberg drives as badly as he did on that last lap, for the rest of the season then it’ll be Hamilton’s anyway.

nickc

cheers Klunk, really enjoyed that, thanks for posting

the-muffin-man

So how long can the Merc duo remain together? From these comments by Lauda, then tensions aren’t anywhere near easing!…

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/10427589/niki-lauda-laughs-off-idea-that-lewis-hamilton-and-nico-rosberg-are-on-friendlier-terms

And talk of suspensions…
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10412603/mercedes-could-suspend-lewis-hamilton-and-nico-rosberg

…I might put a tenner on Lewis taking that Ferrari seat next to Vettel.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Weren’t they on different tyres because Britney had run out of Softs?

pondo

If he was within 3.5 seconds of Rosberg the team could fairly ask him to let him by

Seriously?

retro83
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member

…I might put a tenner on Lewis taking that Ferrari seat next to Vettel.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Ferrari seem to prefer having a definite first and second driver though. Don’t think Hamilton or Vettel would be up for that!

shermer75
    Free Member

bluearsedfly – Member

Yes, this was made clear on the Channel 4 highlights but it might have been missed on the Sky coverage

richmars

In an ideal world, Merc want a German champion. With LH in the same team, that’s not going to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if LH wins his 4th world championship, then leaves, so NR can win next year.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I watched it on sky so it was defo mentioned there.

I’d sooner finger my own arse* and sell my soul to Murdoch rather than watch anything with Eddie Jordan in it.

*May not actually be true.

shermer75
    Free Member

Not much EJ, which is good. Apparently he’ll there for Silverstone though, lucky us!

holst
    Free Member

Not quite. LH had an extra set of softs to use on Friday to evaluate tyre wear. He didn’t use them because of the rain. Therefore he had an extra set available for the race. LH actually questioned the choice of tyres and wanted to know why NR had faster (but less durable) tyres. If the team really wanted Rosberg to win, all they had to do was to fit the same tyres to both cars.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Both Mecs still allowed to race BUT with huge financial and racing penalties should they come together again.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

BUT with huge financial and racing penalties should they come together again.

And who would impose these penalties?

Merc aren’t going to hobble their own cars, and it’s great for the show when they clatter into each other.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

maybe they relegate them to the caravan of doom for the race weekend and they have to make their own tea?
    Is it a case of he ran into me or I had to avoid running into him. Maybe there is a crash damage accumulator , endplate minor infringement, losing 4 wheels is a write off 🙂

I can well imagine Britney being on the blower a lot whilst Hamilton tears past him. Is this really good PR for them as it just highlights the fact that they cant control the situation.

cp

And who would impose these penalties?

And who is going to aportion blame for the penalties if the stewards put an incident down as a racing incident with no blame? That could get interesting internally.

dannybgoode

Merc will. Massive fines and possible suspensions from a race or two. Neither driver would want to miss a race-that would potentially be it for the WC.

Don’t forget from a constructors point of view the drivers WC is a distraction. Their money comes from the constructors WC and this is why they’re so keen on 1-2’s and stuff the drivers racing if that’s ultimately what they need to do.

scotroutes

Do you think Hamilton would stay at Mercedes if they actually suspended him for a race?

zokes
    Free Member

Do you think Hamilton would stay at Mercedes if they actually suspended him for a race?

Depends upon where else is an option. Ferrari are showing signs of ascendency, but as already discussed, they tend to like a clear hierarchy amongst their drivers. I can’t see that working out well with Vettel and Hamilton. Not sure Red Bull would be of that much interest to him either TBH.

richmars

Latest news is that Kimi is staying where he is for 2017.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’d like to see hamilton set up his own team.. there has always been a nice story about racers winning in their own team although I reckon its highly unlikely with the politics and money involved.. It must be considered the pinnacle of a F1 driver.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Merc will. Massive fines and possible suspensions from a race or two. Neither driver would want to miss a race-that would potentially be it for the WC.

Never in a million years would Merc do that.

Pook

Brawn to return and Lewis to go somewhere with him. Williams?

the-muffin-man

Raikkonen re-signs – there goes my tenner then! 😀

A worrying thing for all teams is that Adrian Newey is excited by the 2017 regulations – so what loophole has he found?

thepurist

Sad news that Murray Walker might have been to his last GP –

Legendary former F1 commentator Murray Walker will be a rare absentee at the British grand prix this weekend.

The iconic Briton is synonymous with the sport after serving for decades as a commentator, but now aged 92 he admits he is “too frail” to be at Silverstone this time around.

“I am an old man, my legs aren’t what they used to be,” he told the Mirror. “You know four days of walking about at a grand prix is very hard work indeed.

“I would rather quietly stay at home,” Walker added. “You never like to say never but I think I have been to my last grand prix. Do I like it? No I don’t. But you work with the hand you are dealt.”

sauce

sands
    Free Member
    Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Loving that sign!

Klunk
    Free Member

well that was a tad embarrassing for the other teams over 1 sec back for the nearest non merc ! 🙄

slowoldman

Yes indeed, have the FIA called in the UCI yet to check for motors?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That banner is ace 😀

scaredypants

I’m not a big follower of F1 (or this thread), so forgive me if this is old news

Ricciardo’s on R5 just now talking about being a fan of thrash metal, having just sung a line of “love is all around” in response to a question abot whether he’s feeling it at Silverstone

Yesterday I heard him saying that, after a race, he needs to check himself in a mirror and make sure he’s still a 9 or 10 before relaxing for the evening

Good work IMO (unless he’s a complete arse, of course)

shermer75
    Free Member

Is Brawn definitely returning or was that specualtion?

bruneep

Get on with it ZZzzz

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

10 second penalty for Palmer on top of the time that he’d already lost. That’ll learn him twice.

Klunk
    Free Member

*conspiracy theorists hat* lewis has a problem @ baku “can’t tell you lewis”….. british gp rosberg has an issue and straight “go to mode….”

Klunk
    Free Member

they enjoyed that !

ScottChegg
    Free Member

british gp rosberg has an issue and straight “go to mode….”

And it’s immediately leapt upon by the Stewards. No great conspriracy.

Looks like a slam dunk penalty…

Hopefully 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.