Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • thepurist

So Dan ric is staying at redbull, and the silly season’s next target to take kimis seat is perez.

Meanwhile in Baku, dodgy kerbs look like being an issue, as well as escape roads you can’t escape from. And what the hell are mclaren playing at?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

what the hell are mclaren playing at?

In what respect? Being competitive?

the-muffin-man

And what the hell are mclaren playing at?

IMO Honda have given up on the current engine design. Now it’s a free-for-all next season (no tokens) I can see them chucking all their resources at a completely new engine and hybrid system.

And on the engine front – it looks like if you haven’t got a Merc engine you are nowhere in this Baku race.

dooosuk
    Free Member

And even if you do and your name is Manor, you’re still nowhere.

They haven’t progressed as people thought they might this year with Merc parts.

thepurist

When I posted that mclaren were around p6 in fp2 after a similar result in fp1, but it looks like normal service has been resumed. Honda have already said they’re working on alternative concepts for next year so I’d expect the rest of their development this year to focus on the ers side of the public, they’ve just done an update to the ice so that’s probably it for the year for the ice.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, Baku about to start. I’m predicting a fair amount of carnage at this race.

zokes
    Free Member

Seems s. L. O. W.

bigdaddy

It’s a bit dull… Needs a big crash to close it all up behind a safety car

nickc

It’s a bit dull… Needs a big crash to close it all up behind a safety car

is very dull

thepurist

Needs Lewis to guess which button he needs to push. Will be as dull as rosbergs podium celebration at this rate.

bigdaddy

Agreed, I thought he should play the ‘settings lottery’! Might find something he wasn’t expecting!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At least Kimi is providing some entertainment with his radio transmissions. Otherwise, this is dull, dull, dull

thepurist

The team could at least give Lewis some clues “did you know paddy got SEVEN Green shirts for father’s day?”

the-muffin-man

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bigdaddy

Seems he played with the settings and found it! Come on then, Lewis let’s see it! Kimi is grumpy…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

well, I was wrong, that was a massive yawn fest

thepurist

Yep let it all out nico, unbridled emotion there. He makes mansell look excitable.

bigdaddy

Just a bit wrong, a complete snore fest. Shame as it looked a good track for drama. Oh well, next time….

Kit
    Free Member

Baku needs rain. That’d spice it up.

Rich_s

Expected a good race… got lots of ironing done instead.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’m kinda glad I fell asleep half way though now !

ScottChegg
    Free Member

After the GP2 race I was expecting some real fun and games.

It was deadly dull. Seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity.

njee20
    Free Member

I think everyone was just waiting for someone to stuff it into the wall (I know I was)! Red flag, bit of carnage, spice it all up again. But yes, really really dull as it was. Shame really, there was tonnes of overtaking, should have been interesting on paper.

Gutted Lewis didn’t just prod buttons to see what happens, but loved the ‘compliant’ reply: “errr… We really don’t recommend doing that Lewis”.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Not just an acicdent, but a tactical breakdown would have been nice to get the safety car out.

The SC restarts in GP2 were spectacular. I’m sure they were 6 wide going into the first corner in one restart.

slowoldman

Gutted Lewis didn’t just prod buttons to see what happens, but loved the ‘compliant’ reply: “errr… We really don’t recommend doing that Lewis”.

Makes you wonder what his piano playing is like.

lowey

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qRjtQ5ClR0[/video]

I thought this was the most entertaining thing all day.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, it definitely was!! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

that sofa looks like the ropey old thing we had in a shared house back in the early eighties 😯

dragon
    Free Member

Also in that clip it’s quite funny watching Nico’s face when Vettel asks him if he took turn 13 flat.

Hamilton is such a fanny grumbling about settings in his car.

the-muffin-man

rachelmh
    Free Member

I expected a lot more of a hectic race at Baku after watching GP2, was a little disappointed.

scotroutes

Onto Austria.

Various drivers complaining about the new Yellow Kerbs designed to keep the drivers on the track

Kimi Raikkonen on Sky Sports: “We didn’t get too many laps done with the conditions. So it’s a bit unknown.”

What about the yellow kerbs?

“It doesn’t matter what colour the kerbs are.”

We’ll miss his wit in 2017.

the-muffin-man

Well Rosberg and Merc bosses deserved that. They royally screwed Lewis over with their strategy. They should have managed an easy clean run to a win for Lewis.

aracer
    Free Member

Hahahaha – Rosberg can’t beat LH in a clean race

andytherocketeer

nice lederhosen race overalls

the-muffin-man

nice lederhosen race overalls

Aye – thought that when I saw them on Friday.

One of those things they’ll look back on in 15yrs and think “what were we thinking!?”

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Ha. Only Rosberg is under investigation (falling to stop with a seriously damaged car).

At worst he could be disqualified. If he is found to be at fault at best it’ll be a points deduction.

zokes
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell! Dozed off with two laps to go. Bloody Australian time zone!

bigdaddy

Austrian?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Didn’t see it but sounds quite “dramatic”, there are going to be reprocussions for sure

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.