Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,742 total)
  • F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)
  • holst
    Free Member

I can’t see DR playing second fiddle to SV at Ferrari he’d want to be No1

Exactly. He’d be hired as an equal. SV would have to either beat him or accept being number 2. Either way, Ferrari would be better off than retaining KR. Not saying that’s going to happen, just that Red Bull might be worried about losing DR and wanting to make sure that JV is prepared to lead the team next year.

igm

JV

Freudian

thepurist

Apparently Jos is no longer the boss. He’s stepped down from managing Max, as he’s “now where he should br”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

well that was an exciting start

bruneep

toys out the car

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am sure they will shake and make friends

Probably get away with a racing incident but he drove him off the track IMHO as that was not the natural racing line.

spekkie
    Free Member

Well that was short and sweet.

PrinceJohn

Hehe – first GP I’ve watched this season.

zokes
    Free Member

Ooooops!

onehundredthidiot

No where near the racing line. Squeezed him off.

zokes
    Free Member

Lauder disagrees…

bruneep

Niki Lauda, non-executive chairman of Mercedes, blames Lewis Hamilton for the incident that wiped the Brit and team-mate Nico Rosberg out of the Spanish Grand Prix.

“It is stupid, we could’ve won this race,” Lauda tells BBC Radio 5 live. “Lewis is too aggressive. I need to talk to them and hear their explanation and then we will see what happens.”

Pook

Only lewis’ on board is going to show where he was in relation to Rosberg. Unfortunately I don’t think he was quite there

PrinceJohn

Lewis’ fault for me – squeezed or not, he could see the direction Rosberg was going, he should’ve backed out.

scotroutes

Why was Nico on that bit of tarmac?

“too aggressive” = trying to overtake on a straight

Hamilton to Ferrari next year

onehundredthidiot

Blah blah blah Karun, “yeah guys……”

Everytime yeah guys. Aaaarggggg

Junkyard
    Free Member

How do you overtake without being aggressive just out of interest?

Ask him nicely ?

PrinceJohn

How do you overtake without being aggressive just out of interest?

Wait for team orders?

zokes
    Free Member

I guess it depends upon at what point Rosberg moved towards the side vs where Lewis’ front wing was. If rosberg was already drifting slightly then Lewis should have pulled out. If he was already alongside, even only a corner of his front wing, then Rosberg needs to be reminded of “mirror-signal-manoeuvre”

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Rosberg’s fault. Nowhere near the racing line (which you are allowed to defend), Rosberg was purely trying to put Hamilton on the grass.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wait for team orders?

😀

I think Lewis commits to that line

Rosberg sees it and moves over and then they hit- I assume lewis thinks he will leave space and by the time he realises he wont its too late to do anything.

Rosberg changes direction and does not leave space for a car.
    I dont know the rules tbh as I rarely watch but it seems to me that Rosebergs move – assuming you want overtaking- is the dangerous bit

zokes
    Free Member

Rosberg was purely trying to put Hamilton on the grass.

I think he succeeded

onehundredthidiot

Hamilton had much more momentum. Was definitely making ground.

scotroutes

He had so much more momentum I was wondering if Nico had missed a gear change (or deliberately lifted?)

nickc

ahhh. Rosberg uses all his boost off the line, runs out and slows up, Hamilton takes to grass to avoid ramming him up the arse…

racing incident.

andyl
    Free Member

I think Nico messed up and lost a lot of speed and then the move was utter desperation combined with a lack of maturity he often shows. Tempting to say why didn’t Hamilton back off or switch back to the left but he was gaining far to fast, faster than would normally be expected from just a simple bit of difference from being a bit faster round a bend, and already very committed.

Rosberg should have conceded the place as he messed up, better to lose one place and live to fight back than screw up your race, let alone yours and that of your team mate.

PrinceJohn

Glad it’s changed back to a precession means I’ve enjoyed a nap

zokes
    Free Member

openly glad to troll

Or, you could just do something more worthwhile with your life 💡

RickDraper
    Free Member

I’m not sure if they had not hit each other that Hamilton would have made the corner at that speed. At the very least he would have been very wide IMHO. I think the red mist descended after getting passed at the start.

zokes
    Free Member

n to watch him crash out, thought I’d express my delight on a public forum

You should get a hobby

nickc

brilliant!!

fairy tale for Verstappen

zokes
    Free Member

Great drive by by Max!!!!

pondo

I thought (and I might be wrong) that you weren’t allowed to leave no room, thought you had to leave a car’s width? Lewis was committed, he had to have a go, that could have been the win.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Now there’s something I can celebrate with you, Joss the Boss PtII coming good already! Well done that lad

MrOvershoot

slimjim78 – Member

My hobbie is delighting in that chumps misery.

I presume you mean hobby, and I presume you mean the 3 times F1 WDC with a net worth of around £300 million “chump”

I’m not the worlds greatest Hamilton fan but I’m pretty sure he didn’t get a drive in F1 for the money he brought in?

Oh and Go Max 😀

slimjim78
    Free Member

He could win 10 titles and a hundred Grand Prix, he will always be a complete chump in the eyes of anyone that considers personality as part of a persons ‘great’ appeal.

zokes
    Free Member

he will always be a complete chump in the eyes of anyone that considers personality as part of a persons ‘great’ appeal.

Good job you’re not judged by the same high standards then, eh? 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀

Great driver but a bit of a dick

I could be describing any number of drivers over the last 20 years.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Oh but my standards aren’t high – this the thing.

It’s true though JY, many drivers have been bobbers over the years. Some brought humour or drama into the mix though. Hammo just brings ‘bling’, and that ‘accent’. Sorest loser I ever did see too. But, that’s what makes him ‘great’ though eh?

thepurist

Good losers are still losers. Anyone who is really competitive can say the right thing but still hates being beaten. Just look at vettels reactions in the last 3 races to having someone dare to make a move to pass him.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,742 total)

The topic ‘F1 2016 (Bound to contain spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.